MS in Organizational Leadership
Develop the leadership skills employers are looking for today with the online Master of Science in Organizational Leadership. The program provides you with the training you need to become an effective, change-oriented leader who achieves results. During the course of the program, you’ll follow a distinctive and challenging curriculum that integrates theory with practice, personal success with service to others, and information and technology with creativity, empathy, and democracy. You can complete the program in just 12-14 months and take courses 100% online if you choose.
- All entering undergraduate students without prior college level English and/or Math courses must take the ACCUPLACER mathematics and English evaluation as part of the admissions process. The results of the evaluation are printed immediately and a copy is provided to the student. Read more about Placement by Evaluation. The ACCUPLACER may be taken once at no charge. Subsequent examinations can be repeated after 14 days for a $5 fee. Applicants who have not earned an Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or who have completed fewer than 90 quarter (60 semester) units of transferable college credit must have graduated from high school, passed a high school level proficiency test or received a Certificate of Proficiency from a state Department of Education.
- Applicants who are considered first time students based on the criteria below must attend an orientation course through WES Training and Development prior to enrolling.
- Never attended a college or university
- Education experience is limited to:
- Competency based education
- College level courses completed during high school
- Advanced Placement (AP) credit
- Military service or training
- Prior learning credit (CLEP, Dantes, Excelsior, portfolio assessment, etc.)
- High school graduates transferring from regionally accredited colleges and universities are admitted as degree students if their cumulative GPA is 2.0 or higher. Applicants with a GPA below 2.0 may be admitted on probationary admission if the Committee on the Application of Standards (Committee) judges that there is sufficient evidence of potential to complete college studies. Applicants below a 2.0 may submit a petition letter to their advisor for review by the Committee.
- Individual degree programs may have additional admission requirements.
- Complete an application for admission and enrollment agreement.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Ethics and Classic Theories
- Developing Groups and Teams
- Leadership in the 21st Century
- Leading Change and Adaptation
- Conflict and Power Dynamics
- Analysis and Decision Making
- Consulting and Assessments
- World View & Adult Development
- Leadership Research
- Capstone Project
Specialization in Community Development
Requirements for Specialization
- Global Development
- Human Environments
- Culture and Change
- Planning and Evaluation
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Please visit the university website for more information about tuition fees.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Distinguish between multiple approaches to exercising leadership in order to harness collective talent, promote innovation, and confront complex issues within organizations.
- Interpret organizational dynamics, group dynamics, and engage in systems thinking in order to promote the development of a learning organization capable of orchestrating conflict, creating innovation, and adaptation.
- Evaluate ethical issues and aid organizational members in creating ethical culture appropriate to the organizational and/or global arena that supports operating in environments of diversity, uncertainty, and unpredictability.
- Distinguish between the functions of authority or power and the understanding of leadership and be able to apply diverse leadership skills, utilize frameworks in order to serve organizational purposes.
- Use dialogue and other forms of inquiry with groups and teams in order to create collective problem solving and strategic plans.
- Create frameworks to determine how decisions made might impact ethical culture, support sustainability practices, and serve the organizational purpose.
About this institute
Since 1971, National University (NU) has been dedicated to meeting the needs of our students by providing accessible, affordable, and achievable higher education opportunities. Since its founding, the NU community has grown to 25,000 students (400 international students from over...
Why study at National University
Our course structure is built to make earning your degree accesible and achievable, one month at a time.
50+ Degree Programs
Whether you're looking to move up in your career or make a change, our degrees are designed to help you make a direct impact in your field
Online and On-Campus
We know your life may not happen on a 9-5 schedule so we offer online classes as well as campus-based programs in San Diego California
Earn your degree from a reputable private nonprofit that's accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission
Want to know more about MS in Organizational Leadership? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
High Wycombe, England