MS in Computer Science
In the Master of Science in Computer Science (MSCS) program at National University, you’ll learn to combine the fundamental knowledge and best practices for software engineering, database theory and design, and cloud computing. You’ll then have the opportunity to use those skills to solve real-world problems. Besides its comprehensive immersion in computing foundations, what sets this program apart is its emphasis on developing essential communication skills so you’ll be able to clearly discuss issues, trends, and solutions with both technical and non-technical audiences.
This online program offers specializations in several advanced areas, a three-month project solving a real problem for a real client against a deadline, and training that reflects current and future industry needs. MSCS degree graduates are prepared to assume a leadership role in the field.
- All entering undergraduate students without prior college level English and/or Math courses must take the ACCUPLACER mathematics and English evaluation as part of the admissions process. The results of the evaluation are printed immediately and a copy is provided to the student. Read more about Placement by Evaluation. The ACCUPLACER may be taken once at no charge. Subsequent examinations can be repeated after 14 days for a $5 fee. Applicants who have not earned an Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or who have completed fewer than 90 quarter (60 semester) units of transferable college credit must have graduated from high school, passed a high school level proficiency test or received a Certificate of Proficiency from a state Department of Education.
- Applicants who are considered first time students based on the criteria below must attend an orientation course through WES Training and Development prior to enrolling.
- Never attended a college or university
- Education experience is limited to:
- Competency based education
- College level courses completed during high school
- Advanced Placement (AP) credit
- Military service or training
- Prior learning credit (CLEP, Dantes, Excelsior, portfolio assessment, etc.)
- High school graduates transferring from regionally accredited colleges and universities are admitted as degree students if their cumulative GPA is 2.0 or higher. Applicants with a GPA below 2.0 may be admitted on probationary admission if the Committee on the Application of Standards (Committee) judges that there is sufficient evidence of potential to complete college studies. Applicants below a 2.0 may submit a petition letter to their advisor for review by the Committee.
- Individual degree programs may have additional admission requirements.
- Complete an application for admission and enrollment agreement.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Intro to Programming Concepts
- Programming in C++
- Programming in JAVA
- Advanced Programming
- Software Eng. Fundamentals
- Software Architecture Principl.
- Modern Operating Systems
- Security in Computing
- User Interface Engineering
- Database Design and Impl.
- Advanced Database Programming
- Database Web Interface
- Topics in Computing
- Computer Science Project I
- Computer Science Project II
- Computer Science Project III
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Please visit the university website for more information about tuition fees.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Create software requirements specifications, and design and develop complex software systems.
- Evaluate computer security vulnerabilities and threats, and countermeasures that are effective and ethical.
- Analyze, design, and develop database solutions by translating database modeling theory into sound database design and implementation.
- Analyze and design complex front-end applications for cloud and client-server architectures and integrate them with backend databases.
- Compare and contrast alternative systems for process and memory management.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and ability to analyze and synthesize computer science concepts and skills with ethical standards.
Entry Level Positions
- Assistant analyst
- Manufacturing engineer
- Software developer
- LAN administrator
- programsr analyst
Further Education/Experience Required
- Programming supervisor
- Systems analyst/network administrator
- Systems integration services consultant
- Associate consultant
Employers of Computer and Information Sciences Majors
- Business & industry
- Consulting firms
- Banks and investment firms
- Professional and technical journals
- Research & development
- International agencies
About this institute
Since 1971, National University (NU) has been dedicated to meeting the needs of our students by providing accessible, affordable, and achievable higher education opportunities. Since its founding, the NU community has grown to 25,000 students (400 international students from over...
Why study at National University
Our course structure is built to make earning your degree accesible and achievable, one month at a time.
50+ Degree Programs
Whether you're looking to move up in your career or make a change, our degrees are designed to help you make a direct impact in your field
Online and On-Campus
We know your life may not happen on a 9-5 schedule so we offer online classes as well as campus-based programs in San Diego California
Earn your degree from a reputable private nonprofit that's accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission
Want to know more about MS in Computer Science? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...