MA in Strategic CommunicationNational University
MA in Strategic Communication
All available course dates
MA in Strategic Communication
The objective of the MA in strategic communications program is to develop effective, strategically sophisticated professionals who possess the full complement of analytical and practical tools to lead communication efforts. It fosters strategic thinking, logical analysis, and solution generation. Upon completion of the degree, graduates will have the skills to develop and implement communications initiatives using both traditional and emerging channels such as social networks, blogs, podcasts, and mobile media.
Graduates will acquire an array of intellectual, managerial, and communication skills and competencies, including: an understanding of communications opportunities; the ability to carry out analyses of organizational communications needs; the knowledge to conduct audience analysis, as well as formative and evaluative research; the training to develop, implement, and evaluate appropriate strategies and tactics to reach multiple publics; and professional-level writing and presentation skills.
At the completion of the Master of Arts in Strategic Communications, graduates will emerge with a deep understanding of the theories of communication and persuasion, an ability to lead and participate in the team development of organizational communication strategies, and the practical skills to plan, produce, and evaluate strategic communications programs and campaigns.
This degree requires that students be able to write in English at an advanced level. If writing skills need improvement, the student may be required to enroll in a writing course before continuing in the program. Applicants for whom English is a second language are encouraged to take the Accuplacer English as a Second Language Placement Test.
- All entering undergraduate students without prior college level English and/or Math courses must take the ACCUPLACER mathematics and English evaluation as part of the admissions process. The results of the evaluation are printed immediately and a copy is provided to the student. Read more about Placement by Evaluation. The ACCUPLACER may be taken once at no charge. Subsequent examinations can be repeated after 14 days for a $5 fee. Applicants who have not earned an Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or who have completed fewer than 90 quarter (60 semester) units of transferable college credit must have graduated from high school, passed a high school level proficiency test or received a Certificate of Proficiency from a state Department of Education.
- Applicants who are considered first time students based on the criteria below must attend an orientation course through WES Training and Development prior to enrolling.
- Never attended a college or university
- Education experience is limited to:
- Competency based education
- College level courses completed during high school
- Advanced Placement (AP) credit
- Military service or training
- Prior learning credit (CLEP, Dantes, Excelsior, portfolio assessment, etc.)
- High school graduates transferring from regionally accredited colleges and universities are admitted as degree students if their cumulative GPA is 2.0 or higher. Applicants with a GPA below 2.0 may be admitted on probationary admission if the Committee on the Application of Standards (Committee) judges that there is sufficient evidence of potential to complete college studies. Applicants below a 2.0 may submit a petition letter to their advisor for review by the Committee.
- Individual degree programs may have additional admission requirements.
- Complete an application for admission and enrollment agreement.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Comm. in Global Environment
- Emerging Interactive Media
- Integrated Marketing Comm.
- Research Methods
- Crisis Communications
- Campaign & Program Management
- Campaign & Program Evaluation
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Capstone Project
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Please visit the university website for more information about tuition fees.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Produce multi-public, multi-channel communication campaign planning documents.
- Manage communication campaigns by producing budgets, task lists, and schedules.
- Apply formative research to develop communication campaigns and messages.
- Create persuasive campaigns that meet professional ethical standards.
- Evaluate communication campaigns by conducting summative research.
- Deliver professional communication presentations online.
- Demonstrate leadership and collaborative skills by participating in group tasks and presentations as leader and team member.
About this institute
Since 1971, National University (NU) has been dedicated to meeting the needs of our students by providing accessible, affordable, and achievable higher education opportunities. Since its founding, the NU community has grown to 25,000 students (400 international students from over...
Why study at National University
Our course structure is built to make earning your degree accesible and achievable, one month at a time.
50+ Degree Programs
Whether you're looking to move up in your career or make a change, our degrees are designed to help you make a direct impact in your field
Online and On-Campus
We know your life may not happen on a 9-5 schedule so we offer online classes as well as campus-based programs in San Diego California
Earn your degree from a reputable private nonprofit that's accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission
Want to know more about MA in Strategic Communication? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...