MA in EducationNational University
MA in Education
All available course dates
MA in Education
If you’re a passionate educator looking for growth and advancement, pursue a Master of Arts in Education from National University. This program expands knowledge and opportunities. Candidates will learn about historical, philosophical, psychological, and social foundations of education. It will also analyze issues of educational equity and diversity, develop understanding of students with learning differences, examine the foundations of curriculum, assessment, and instruction, and use educational research to deepen critical-thinking skills.
Candidates will have opportunities to explore areas of interest, such as educational technology, teacher leadership, e-teaching and learning, and U.S. education in a global context.
Areas of emphasis may include advanced teaching practices, early childhood education, technology, higher education administration, special education, inspired teaching or social emotional learning.
- All entering undergraduate students without prior college level English and/or Math courses must take the ACCUPLACER mathematics and English evaluation as part of the admissions process. The results of the evaluation are printed immediately and a copy is provided to the student. Read more about Placement by Evaluation. The ACCUPLACER may be taken once at no charge. Subsequent examinations can be repeated after 14 days for a $5 fee. Applicants who have not earned an Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or who have completed fewer than 90 quarter (60 semester) units of transferable college credit must have graduated from high school, passed a high school level proficiency test or received a Certificate of Proficiency from a state Department of Education.
- Applicants who are considered first time students based on the criteria below must attend an orientation course through WES Training and Development prior to enrolling.
- Never attended a college or university
- Education experience is limited to:
- Competency based education
- College level courses completed during high school
- Advanced Placement (AP) credit
- Military service or training
- Prior learning credit (CLEP, Dantes, Excelsior, portfolio assessment, etc.)
- High school graduates transferring from regionally accredited colleges and universities are admitted as degree students if their cumulative GPA is 2.0 or higher. Applicants with a GPA below 2.0 may be admitted on probationary admission if the Committee on the Application of Standards (Committee) judges that there is sufficient evidence of potential to complete college studies. Applicants below a 2.0 may submit a petition letter to their advisor for review by the Committee.
- Individual degree programs may have additional admission requirements.
- Complete an application for admission and enrollment agreement.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Plan of Study & Prac Research
- App Prctnr Rsrch & Cust Study
- Purposeful Assessment
- Creating Clear Lrng Trgt
- Quality Assess for Stu Lrng
- Assessment for Learning
- Fluency in Reading
- Comprehension Strategies
- Lang Arts Assess and Instruc I
- Fld St: Lag Art Assess & In II
- The Early Childhood Educator
- Current Issues in ECE
- ECE Learning & Development
- Best ECE Teaching Practices
- Collaborative Partnerships
- Inclusive ECE Practices
- Foundations of Adult Learners
- Foundations of ECE Advocacy
- Introduction to H.E. Admin.EDA 641 Leading and Managing Change
- Policy & Accountability
- Community Development in HE
- Higher Education Law/Politics
- Managing Finances & Operations
- Strategic Planning & Analysis
- Student Svcs & Enrollment Mgt
- Technology Foundations
- Instructional Design
- Education Theory & Technology
- Media Based Learning Objects
- Developing Online Courseware
- Media and Instruction
- Simulations & Virtual Reality
- Technology and Leadership
- Identity, Inclusion and Equity
- Linguistics-Academic Language
- EL Achievement in Content Area
- Introduction to SEL
- SEL in Action
- Research in SEL
- Self as a Critical Thinker
- Critical Thinking - Classroom
- Applied Critical Thinking
- Inspired Teaching Inquiry
- Inspired Student Learning
- Inspired Learning Technology
- Learners and Learning I
- Learners and Learning II
- Design and Process of Teaching
- Behavioral Supports & SEL
- Special Ed Law
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Please visit the university website for more information about tuition fees.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Analyze diversity issues in education to support equity in educational contexts and learning practices.
- Integrate foundational theory and skills to make subject matter comprehensible to all learners.
- Analyze the application of educational research, evidence-based practices, and academic writing.
- Apply theoretical foundations of education to examine personal, societal, and organizational practices.
About this institute
Since 1971, National University (NU) has been dedicated to meeting the needs of our students by providing accessible, affordable, and achievable higher education opportunities. Since its founding, the NU community has grown to 25,000 students (400 international students from over...
Why study at National University
Our course structure is built to make earning your degree accesible and achievable, one month at a time.
50+ Degree Programs
Whether you're looking to move up in your career or make a change, our degrees are designed to help you make a direct impact in your field
Online and On-Campus
We know your life may not happen on a 9-5 schedule so we offer online classes as well as campus-based programs in San Diego California
Earn your degree from a reputable private nonprofit that's accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission
Want to know more about MA in Education? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Spain
San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Spain
Cedar City, United States of America