BS in Information SystemsNational University
BS in Information Systems
All available course dates
BS in Information Systems
Gain the skills you need to plan, coordinate, and direct computer-related activities in the corporate world and beyond by earning a Bachelor of Science in Information Systems. Throughout the BSIS program, you’ll learn how to help determine the information technology goals of an organization and take responsibility for implementing computer systems to meet those goals.
The program links business and technology across fields as diverse as healthcare and criminal justice and includes coursework in IT mainstays such as data communications, systems analysis, system development, database administration, project management, computer forensics, health information management, and quality/information assurance.
- All entering undergraduate students without prior college level English and/or Math courses must take the ACCUPLACER mathematics and English evaluation as part of the admissions process. The results of the evaluation are printed immediately and a copy is provided to the student. Read more about Placement by Evaluation. The ACCUPLACER may be taken once at no charge. Subsequent examinations can be repeated after 14 days for a $5 fee. Applicants who have not earned an Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or who have completed fewer than 90 quarter (60 semester) units of transferable college credit must have graduated from high school, passed a high school level proficiency test or received a Certificate of Proficiency from a state Department of Education.
- Applicants who are considered first time students based on the criteria below must attend an orientation course through WES Training and Development prior to enrolling.
- Never attended a college or university
- Education experience is limited to:
- Competency based education
- College level courses completed during high school
- Advanced Placement (AP) credit
- Military service or training
- Prior learning credit (CLEP, Dantes, Excelsior, portfolio assessment, etc.)
- High school graduates transferring from regionally accredited colleges and universities are admitted as degree students if their cumulative GPA is 2.0 or higher. Applicants with a GPA below 2.0 may be admitted on probationary admission if the Committee on the Application of Standards (Committee) judges that there is sufficient evidence of potential to complete college studies. Applicants below a 2.0 may submit a petition letter to their advisor for review by the Committee.
- Individual degree programs may have additional admission requirements.
- Complete an application for admission and enrollment agreement.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Requirements for the Major
- Information Systems
- Technology Project Management
- Systems Analysis & Integration
- Database Management Systems
- Enterprise Architecture
- IT Infrastructure
- IS Strategy, Mgt. & Acquisition
- Computer Ethics
- Information Systems Project I
- Information Systems Project II
Concentration in Business Management
Business Management Concentration is 4 courses from Business
- General models of business
- Business models
- Business process design and management
- Organizational theory
- Business strategy
- Evaluation of business performance
- Analysis of organizational performance.
- Analysis of individual and team performance
- Business analytics
- Business intelligence
Requirements for the Concentration
- of Mgmt. & Organizations
- Info Mgmt. in Organizations
Concentration in Information Management
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Please visit the university website for more information about tuition fees.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Apply analytical and critical thinking skills, and information systems concepts for solving organizational problems.
- Discuss the potential global impact of specific information systems solutions.
- Evaluate and implement organizational planning, design, and integration of information systems solutions in competitive environment.
- Plan and design organizational communications infrastructure and networking topology.
- Improve strategic information management procedures and processes.
- Identify innovative and efficient solutions to solve organizational problems.
Entry Level Positions
- Assistant analyst
- Manufacturing engineer
- Software developer
- LAN administrator
- programsr analyst
- Web design
Further Education/Experience Often Required
- Programming supervisor
- Systems analyst
- Systems integration services consultant
- Associate consultant
- Software engineer
Employers of Computer and Information Sciences Majors
- Business & industry
- Consulting firms
- Banks and investment firms
- Professional and technical journals
- Research & development
- International agencies
About this institute
Since 1971, National University (NU) has been dedicated to meeting the needs of our students by providing accessible, affordable, and achievable higher education opportunities. Since its founding, the NU community has grown to 25,000 students (400 international students from over...
Why study at National University
Our course structure is built to make earning your degree accesible and achievable, one month at a time.
50+ Degree Programs
Whether you're looking to move up in your career or make a change, our degrees are designed to help you make a direct impact in your field
Online and On-Campus
We know your life may not happen on a 9-5 schedule so we offer online classes as well as campus-based programs in San Diego California
Earn your degree from a reputable private nonprofit that's accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission
Want to know more about BS in Information Systems? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Melbourne (Australia), Australia
Surrey (British Columbia), Canada
Campbellsville, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America
Chicago, United States of America