BS in Construction ManagementNational University
BS in Construction Management
All available course dates
BS in Construction Management
Position yourself to pursue a career as a construction executive, project manager, field engineer, planning and scheduling engineer, cost engineer, cost estimator, as well as other positions in the field with the Bachelor of Science in Construction Management degree. You’ll learn to apply modern methods and metrics for surveying, use appropriate technical tools to solve engineering problems, and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of building mechanical and electrical systems.
The construction sector is growing rapidly and individuals with a well-rounded education in written and verbal communication, technical construction fundamentals, math, business, law, and other relevant courses are in high demand. The construction management program was developed with guidance and assistance from current leaders in the industry and provides relevant training for future managers in the field.
- All entering undergraduate students without prior college level English and/or Math courses must take the ACCUPLACER mathematics and English evaluation as part of the admissions process. The results of the evaluation are printed immediately and a copy is provided to the student. Read more about Placement by Evaluation. The ACCUPLACER may be taken once at no charge. Subsequent examinations can be repeated after 14 days for a $5 fee. Applicants who have not earned an Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or who have completed fewer than 90 quarter (60 semester) units of transferable college credit must have graduated from high school, passed a high school level proficiency test or received a Certificate of Proficiency from a state Department of Education.
- Applicants who are considered first time students based on the criteria below must attend an orientation course through WES Training and Development prior to enrolling.
- Never attended a college or university
- Education experience is limited to:
- Competency based education
- College level courses completed during high school
- Advanced Placement (AP) credit
- Military service or training
- Prior learning credit (CLEP, Dantes, Excelsior, portfolio assessment, etc.)
- High school graduates transferring from regionally accredited colleges and universities are admitted as degree students if their cumulative GPA is 2.0 or higher. Applicants with a GPA below 2.0 may be admitted on probationary admission if the Committee on the Application of Standards (Committee) judges that there is sufficient evidence of potential to complete college studies. Applicants below a 2.0 may submit a petition letter to their advisor for review by the Committee.
- Individual degree programs may have additional admission requirements.
- Complete an application for admission and enrollment agreement.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Preparation for the Major
- Public Speaking
- College Algebra & Trigonometry
- Introductory Physics
- Introductory Physics Lab
- Physics Lab for Engineering
- Information Literacy
- Intro to Graphics and Auto CAD
- Engineering Mathematics
- Statics & Strength of Material
- Financial Accounting Funds.
- Applied Probability & Stats.
Requirements for the Major
- of Mgmt & Organizations
- Engineering Economics
- Scientific Problem Solving
- Scientific Problem Solving-LAB
- Legal Aspects of Engineering
- Computer Aided Engineering I
- Surveying, Metrics and GIS
- Structural Analysis
- Soil Mechanics and Foundation
- Constr Materials and Methods
- Plans and Specifications
- Mech and Electrical Systems
- , Scheduling and Control
- Project Management Fundamental
- , Scheduling & Control II
- Field Inspection and Safety
- Constr, Acct, Finance and Law
- Design & Const Process Integra
- Sustainable Construction
Construction Senior Project
- Construction Senior Project I
- Construction Senior Project II
- Construction Senior Project III
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Please visit the university website for more information about tuition fees.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge of engineering science and mathematics and its application in problem solving.
- Apply modern methods for surveying and metrics.
- Exhibit a fundamental understanding of building mechanical and electrical systems.
- Demonstrate cost estimating and scheduling techniques.
- Apply the principles of project management and control.
- Apply construction accounting principles and analyze financial reports.
- Construction Management
Employers of Construction Management Graduates
- Architectural Firms
- Specialty Trade Contractors
- Engineering Firms
- General Building Contractors
- Local Governments
About this institute
Since 1971, National University (NU) has been dedicated to meeting the needs of our students by providing accessible, affordable, and achievable higher education opportunities. Since its founding, the NU community has grown to 25,000 students (400 international students from over...
Why study at National University
Our course structure is built to make earning your degree accesible and achievable, one month at a time.
50+ Degree Programs
Whether you're looking to move up in your career or make a change, our degrees are designed to help you make a direct impact in your field
Online and On-Campus
We know your life may not happen on a 9-5 schedule so we offer online classes as well as campus-based programs in San Diego California
Earn your degree from a reputable private nonprofit that's accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission
Want to know more about BS in Construction Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Cedar City, United States of America
Ostrava, Czech Republic