BS in Allied HealthNational University
BS in Allied Health
All available course dates
BS in Allied Health
Supporting the efforts of physicians, dentists, or primary healthcare specialists is an exacting and critical job. The Bachelor of Science in Allied Health program will prepare you for success in this field. Coursework includes a broad-based foundation in global and national healthcare issues and trends, ethical and legal issues, health promotion and disease prevention, evidence-based practice, allied healthcare research, healthcare systems management, and healthcare-based informatics. You’ll gain the skills, knowledge, and values to advance in the allied health profession and to work in a variety of settings with diverse patients, families, and communities.
As a graduate, you’ll be ready to seek a supervisory, management, or educational position that is key to the identification, evaluation, and prevention of diseases and disorders. You may opt to work in dietary and nutrition services or rehabilitation and health systems management. Whatever vocational road you choose, this degree will ground you in the knowledge needed to perform at the highest level and for the good of colleagues and patients.
- All entering undergraduate students without prior college level English and/or Math courses must take the ACCUPLACER mathematics and English evaluation as part of the admissions process. The results of the evaluation are printed immediately and a copy is provided to the student. Read more about Placement by Evaluation. The ACCUPLACER may be taken once at no charge. Subsequent examinations can be repeated after 14 days for a $5 fee. Applicants who have not earned an Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or who have completed fewer than 90 quarter (60 semester) units of transferable college credit must have graduated from high school, passed a high school level proficiency test or received a Certificate of Proficiency from a state Department of Education.
- Applicants who are considered first time students based on the criteria below must attend an orientation course through WES Training and Development prior to enrolling.
- Never attended a college or university
- Education experience is limited to:
- Competency based education
- College level courses completed during high school
- Advanced Placement (AP) credit
- Military service or training
- Prior learning credit (CLEP, Dantes, Excelsior, portfolio assessment, etc.)
- High school graduates transferring from regionally accredited colleges and universities are admitted as degree students if their cumulative GPA is 2.0 or higher. Applicants with a GPA below 2.0 may be admitted on probationary admission if the Committee on the Application of Standards (Committee) judges that there is sufficient evidence of potential to complete college studies. Applicants below a 2.0 may submit a petition letter to their advisor for review by the Committee.
- Individual degree programs may have additional admission requirements.
- Complete an application for admission and enrollment agreement.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Requirements for the Major
- Issues & Trends in Healthcare
- Intro to Biomedical Statistics
- Healthy Aging
- for Health Professionals
- Legal/Ethical Issues & Hlth. Pr.
- Health Education & Promotion
- Informatics for Health Profs.
- Healthcare Research
- Case and Outcomes Management
- Allied Health Capstone Project
Concentration in Health Informatics
Requirements for the Concentration
- Information Systems
- Health Information Exchange
- EHR Meaningful Use
- Health IT Virtual Simulation
- Health Informatics
- Intro to HA QA Management
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Please visit the university website for more information about tuition fees.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Assess the relative health effects of environment, socioeconomic conditions, behavior, health services, and biology.
- Explain how a team approach that is coordinated, comprehensive, and continuous facilitates successful treatment outcomes.
- Explain the process of active participation in healthcare from a provider, patient, family, and community perspective.
- Assess the impact of effective and ineffective applications of technology in health services.
- Analyze health services from social, workforce, financial, regulatory, technological, and organizational viewpoints.
- Utilize culturally competent strategies and practices that respect the cultural, social, religious, racial, and ethnic diversity of the patient and family regarding disease and their health.
Career opportunities in fields like these:
- Health informatics
- Public health
- Healthcare administration
- Radiation therapy
- Healthcare analytics
- Clinical affairs
About this institute
Since 1971, National University (NU) has been dedicated to meeting the needs of our students by providing accessible, affordable, and achievable higher education opportunities. Since its founding, the NU community has grown to 25,000 students (400 international students from over...
Why study at National University
Our course structure is built to make earning your degree accesible and achievable, one month at a time.
50+ Degree Programs
Whether you're looking to move up in your career or make a change, our degrees are designed to help you make a direct impact in your field
Online and On-Campus
We know your life may not happen on a 9-5 schedule so we offer online classes as well as campus-based programs in San Diego California
Earn your degree from a reputable private nonprofit that's accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission
Want to know more about BS in Allied Health? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...