Bachelor of Public AdministrationNational University
Bachelor of Public Administration
All available course dates
Bachelor of Public Administration
Learn how to analyze the operations and procedures of public management as well as nonprofits, and develop relevant management skills with the Bachelor of Public Administration (BPA). In the program, you’ll be exposed to the central theories of public administration. You’ll find ways to apply public administration theories and practices in program and resource management, and understand accounting and budgeting for government agencies and nonprofits.
Careers in the public administration field are varied and challenging. If you choose to pursue this dynamic degree, there are wide career opportunities you can pursue in government at the local, state, and federal levels. Your career path could include teaching or training assignments, or research in government organizations and in nonprofit organizations. The public sector is always in need of professionals with the rigorous training to meet the complexities of the management of public programs and assets.
- All entering undergraduate students without prior college level English and/or Math courses must take the ACCUPLACER mathematics and English evaluation as part of the admissions process. The results of the evaluation are printed immediately and a copy is provided to the student. Read more about Placement by Evaluation. The ACCUPLACER may be taken once at no charge. Subsequent examinations can be repeated after 14 days for a $5 fee. Applicants who have not earned an Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or who have completed fewer than 90 quarter (60 semester) units of transferable college credit must have graduated from high school, passed a high school level proficiency test or received a Certificate of Proficiency from a state Department of Education.
- Applicants who are considered first time students based on the criteria below must attend an orientation course through WES Training and Development prior to enrolling.
- Never attended a college or university
- Education experience is limited to:
- Competency based education
- College level courses completed during high school
- Advanced Placement (AP) credit
- Military service or training
- Prior learning credit (CLEP, Dantes, Excelsior, portfolio assessment, etc.)
- High school graduates transferring from regionally accredited colleges and universities are admitted as degree students if their cumulative GPA is 2.0 or higher. Applicants with a GPA below 2.0 may be admitted on probationary admission if the Committee on the Application of Standards (Committee) judges that there is sufficient evidence of potential to complete college studies. Applicants below a 2.0 may submit a petition letter to their advisor for review by the Committee.
- Individual degree programs may have additional admission requirements.
- Complete an application for admission and enrollment agreement.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Preparation for the Major
- Intro to Quantitative Methods
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Financial Accounting Funds.
Requirements for the Major
- Intro to Organizational Behavi.
- Intro to Public Administration
- Public Policy Development
- Urban Environments
- Ethics in Law, Business & Mgmt.
- Government Relations
- Management Science
- Nonprofit Management
- Government and Nonprofit Acct.
- Team Bldg, Interpers Dynamics
- Adaptive Leadership in Change
- Senior Research Project
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Please visit the university website for more information about tuition fees.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Develop skills in managing a public sector or nonprofit organization.
- Apply the theories and practices in program and resource management.
- Apply the theories and practices of accounting and budgeting in government and nonprofits.
- Evaluate the role of community groups in local government.
- Analyze ethical situations in the public sector.
- Utilize research process to address a current problem in public administration.
- Administrative Officer
- City managers
- County administrators
- Department Heads
- Grant Administration
- Financial Management
- Government Community Relations
- Government Office Management
- Planning/Development Director
- Public Policy
- Urban Planning Management
Employers of Public Administration Graduates
- Local, state and federal government
- Urban Planners
- Chamber of Commerce
- Business and Industry
- Nonprofit Organizations
About this institute
Since 1971, National University (NU) has been dedicated to meeting the needs of our students by providing accessible, affordable, and achievable higher education opportunities. Since its founding, the NU community has grown to 25,000 students (400 international students from over...
Why study at National University
Our course structure is built to make earning your degree accesible and achievable, one month at a time.
50+ Degree Programs
Whether you're looking to move up in your career or make a change, our degrees are designed to help you make a direct impact in your field
Online and On-Campus
We know your life may not happen on a 9-5 schedule so we offer online classes as well as campus-based programs in San Diego California
Earn your degree from a reputable private nonprofit that's accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission
Want to know more about Bachelor of Public Administration? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America