BA in ManagementNational University
BA in Management
All available course dates
BA in Management
Gain an edge on the competition and develop a new level of business insight through the Bachelor of Arts in Management. This flexible degree emphasizes the management of organizations and personnel in multicultural and global settings. A variety of business-related concentrations are offered, helping you to grow your knowledge in specific areas of interest. Concentrations include alternative dispute resolution, business law, economics, entrepreneurship, human resource management, marketing, and project management. For students interested in further global management study, National University offers the option of earning a Bachelor of Arts in the Management/Master of Global Management Transition Program.
- All entering undergraduate students without prior college level English and/or Math courses must take the ACCUPLACER mathematics and English evaluation as part of the admissions process. The results of the evaluation are printed immediately and a copy is provided to the student. Read more about Placement by Evaluation. The ACCUPLACER may be taken once at no charge. Subsequent examinations can be repeated after 14 days for a $5 fee. Applicants who have not earned an Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or who have completed fewer than 90 quarter (60 semester) units of transferable college credit must have graduated from high school, passed a high school level proficiency test or received a Certificate of Proficiency from a state Department of Education.
- Applicants who are considered first time students based on the criteria below must attend an orientation course through WES Training and Development prior to enrolling.
- Never attended a college or university
- Education experience is limited to:
- Competency based education
- College level courses completed during high school
- Advanced Placement (AP) credit
- Military service or training
- Prior learning credit (CLEP, Dantes, Excelsior, portfolio assessment, etc.)
- High school graduates transferring from regionally accredited colleges and universities are admitted as degree students if their cumulative GPA is 2.0 or higher. Applicants with a GPA below 2.0 may be admitted on probationary admission if the Committee on the Application of Standards (Committee) judges that there is sufficient evidence of potential to complete college studies. Applicants below a 2.0 may submit a petition letter to their advisor for review by the Committee.
- Individual degree programs may have additional admission requirements.
- Complete an application for admission and enrollment agreement.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Preparation for Major
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Legal Aspects of Business I
- Information Management in Organizations
- Principles of Management & Organizations
- Ethics in Law, Business & Management
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Survey of Global Business
- Production & Operations Management
- Introduction to Organizational Behavior
- Introduction to Leadership
- Survey in Human Resource Management & Organizational
- Strategic Business Management (Capstone)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Please visit the university website for more information about tuition fees.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Describe the basic functions of management and their practical implications on the operations of the organization.
- Analyze and evaluate management, leadership, and motivation theories.
- Identify organizational behavior, communications, and change theories and their practical implications.
- Explain the effect of international business environmental factors (legal, economic, and cultural) on the conduct of global business.
- Explain the principles and theories of ethical decision-making and their practical implications in the everyday conduct of business.
Entry Level Positions
- Sales/management trainee
- Merchandise/retail manager
- Human resource assistant
- Systems analyst
- Financial planner/manager
Further Education/Experience Required
- Personnel administrator
- Management consultant
- Marketing/advertising/PR manager
- Public sector/nonprofit manager
- City/industrial relations manager
Potential Employers of Management Majors
- Business & industry
- Federal/state government
- Real estate agencies
- Retail stores
- Banks/financial institutions
- Insurance agencies
- Nonprofit organizations
- Service industries
- Hotels and restaurants
- Health care industry
- Stock brokerage firms
About this institute
Since 1971, National University (NU) has been dedicated to meeting the needs of our students by providing accessible, affordable, and achievable higher education opportunities. Since its founding, the NU community has grown to 25,000 students (400 international students from over...
Why study at National University
Our course structure is built to make earning your degree accesible and achievable, one month at a time.
50+ Degree Programs
Whether you're looking to move up in your career or make a change, our degrees are designed to help you make a direct impact in your field
Online and On-Campus
We know your life may not happen on a 9-5 schedule so we offer online classes as well as campus-based programs in San Diego California
Earn your degree from a reputable private nonprofit that's accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission
Want to know more about BA in Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Campbellsville, United States of America