BA in Digital Media DesignNational University
BA in Digital Media Design
All available course dates
BA in Digital Media Design
Have a hand in shaping the way the modern world works, learns, communicates, and plays with a Bachelor of Arts in Digital Media Design. Social networks, games, animation, and instructional content all rely on the expertise of digital media designers to engage users and guide their experience. This Bachelor of Arts Digital Media program provides hands-on experience using the very latest tools and technologies that make up the current media arts workspace. As a student in the digital media design degree, you’ll be on top of the latest methodologies used for visual communication in business, marketing, education, and entertainment.
The knowledge and experience gained in digital media design courses prepare you for a transmedia, visually literate future that incorporates web design, audio, video, special effects, layout and design, image creation and editing, and game design.
- All entering undergraduate students without prior college level English and/or Math courses must take the ACCUPLACER mathematics and English evaluation as part of the admissions process. The results of the evaluation are printed immediately and a copy is provided to the student. Read more about Placement by Evaluation. The ACCUPLACER may be taken once at no charge. Subsequent examinations can be repeated after 14 days for a $5 fee. Applicants who have not earned an Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or who have completed fewer than 90 quarter (60 semester) units of transferable college credit must have graduated from high school, passed a high school level proficiency test or received a Certificate of Proficiency from a state Department of Education.
- Applicants who are considered first time students based on the criteria below must attend an orientation course through WES Training and Development prior to enrolling.
- Never attended a college or university
- Education experience is limited to:
- Competency based education
- College level courses completed during high school
- Advanced Placement (AP) credit
- Military service or training
- Prior learning credit (CLEP, Dantes, Excelsior, portfolio assessment, etc.)
- High school graduates transferring from regionally accredited colleges and universities are admitted as degree students if their cumulative GPA is 2.0 or higher. Applicants with a GPA below 2.0 may be admitted on probationary admission if the Committee on the Application of Standards (Committee) judges that there is sufficient evidence of potential to complete college studies. Applicants below a 2.0 may submit a petition letter to their advisor for review by the Committee.
- Individual degree programs may have additional admission requirements.
- Complete an application for admission and enrollment agreement.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Preparation for the Major
- Effective College English I
- Effective College English II
- Media Literacy
Requirements for the Major
- Convergence Media
- Media Storytelling
- Graphic Design and Artistry
- Camera and Image
- Digital Video Editing
- Motion Graphics
- Applied Web Design
- Digital Interactivity
- Video Game Design
- Game Scripting
- 3-D Modeling for Game Art
- Digital Audio Creation
- Emerging Technologies
- Digital Project Management
- Advanced Design Project
- Digital Interactivity Proj
Capstone Core Course
- Multimedia Arts Portfolio Proj
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Please visit the university website for more information about tuition fees.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Develop a personal vision in the creation of original multimedia content.
- Examine current trends and key technologies in the media industry.
- Demonstrate oral, visual, and written communication skills with clients, project managers, and media production team members.
- Describe and implement the phases of media production, from the initial planning to the final delivery of a professional product.
- Explain the legal and ethical issues related to media production and distribution.
- Create active and interactive content with graphics, animation, sound, and video using media authoring software.
About this institute
Since 1971, National University (NU) has been dedicated to meeting the needs of our students by providing accessible, affordable, and achievable higher education opportunities. Since its founding, the NU community has grown to 25,000 students (400 international students from over...
Why study at National University
Our course structure is built to make earning your degree accesible and achievable, one month at a time.
50+ Degree Programs
Whether you're looking to move up in your career or make a change, our degrees are designed to help you make a direct impact in your field
Online and On-Campus
We know your life may not happen on a 9-5 schedule so we offer online classes as well as campus-based programs in San Diego California
Earn your degree from a reputable private nonprofit that's accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission
Want to know more about BA in Digital Media Design? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Potsdam, United States of America