About this program
European Joint Master in Social Work with Children and Youth
The aim of ESWOCHY Program is to prepare highly skilled professionals to be leaders in the field of international, intercultural and comparative social work with children and youth.
The students will possess an educational and experiential foundation that combines theories of social work, social sciences, humanities and indigenous knowledge, comparative international research, policy development and the newest knowledge of using ICT in social work practice with children and youth.
- Students will study in different Consortium Universities each semester
- Mykolas Romeris University (LT) – 1st semester
- Riga Stradins University (LV) – 2nd semester
- Catholic University in Ruzomberok (SK) – 3rd semester
- ISCTE-University Institute of Lisbon (PT) – 4th semester
In order to take into consideration students application to the Program, the candidate must comply with the minimum requirements concerning:
- Administrative prerequisites
- Academic prerequisites
- Language prerequisites.
Compliance with the application calendar and deadlines; Submission of a complete set of required application documents in English language versions (certified English translation, if required). Non-submitted applications, incomplete applications and applications received after the application deadline will not be taken into consideration.
Applicants eligible for the Program must be the holders of Bachelors degree/1st Cycle or the equivalent University level higher education degree in the field of Social and Educational sciences. The average of academic transcripts converted to Lithuanian 10-scale grading system must be not less than 8. Priority will be given to candidates who have:
- Social Work
- at least 2 years of professional or voluntary experience in the field of social work, which can be documented
- experience in research projects, conducting research and publishing its results in scientific publications.
Graduates from other fields of studies can be admitted if their completed education is assessed by the Governing Board as equivalent/sufficient and their experience in the field of social work is definitely superior to other candidates.
For the ESWOCHY Master the following criteria are defined and expressed on a scale of 0 to 20 Language prerequisites. Proficiency in written and spoken English at a B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CECR) duly confirmed by language certificates specified in the Call for Applications as per Point 2 of this Annex.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The theoretical study block is designed to train specialists with knowledge of national and European children and youth policy trends, human rights and human diversity, able to plan, coordinate and innovate in social service, responding to the patterns of modern youth socialization, effectively organizing social work with various youth groups, career guidance and liberation of self-actualization and fulfilment. An emphasis is also on intercultural competences such as intercultural mediation that ensure dialogue between different ethnic groups, enabling the education of society, especially children and young people, about other cultures. This helps to expand students abilities to work with children and youth in an international, multicultural perspective. Exceptional attention is on digital social work and entrepreneurship skills of students. Internship “Scientific Research Practice” is an integral part of the study process and aims to help students to integrate theory, research-based knowledge and practical social work strategies and skills, through different social work activities with children and youth developing cultural sensitivity and respect for diversities and enabling students to collect data for their master thesis.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- The tuition fee for EU citizens is 5800 euros for the two-year ESWOCHY Program.
- The tuition fee for non-EU citizens is 7800 euros for the two-year ESWOCHY Program.
- Tuition fees can be paid in two instalments corresponding to the two years of the Program.
- Applicants to the Program as well can apply for scholarship. More information at Program website.
Message the school
About this institute
MRU. Studies for quality life.
Located just 20 minutes away from the city centre, Mykolas Romeris University (MRU) is the largest and leading university in social sciences and interdisciplinary research in Lithuania, currently having about 5,900 students from 65 countries. Why should you consider to...
Why study at Mykolas Romeris University
- #1 in Law and Psychology studies among all Lithuanian universities
- European diplomas, which are easily recognized all over the world
- Multicultural environment
- Low living expenses (€300-350 per month with accommodation at the University Students house)
- Library that's even open at night
- Free introductory week for international students (informational seminars, trips, tours, cultural events)
- Student visa allowing to travel all over the Schengen area
- Scholarships for international mobility (for studies and internships)
Mykolas Romeris University
Want to know more about European Joint Master in Social Work with Children and Youth? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!