Bachelor in English for Specific Purposes and a Second Foreign LanguageMykolas Romeris University
Bachelor in English for Specific Purposes and a Second Foreign Language
All available course dates
English for Specific Purposes and a Second Foreign Language Course
This program prepares students for their future life in the worldwide competitive job market. Students are able to study a variety of subjects that give them skills attractive for future employers. Class sizes are also small, so students are able to get to know their professors well and have the ability to get one-on-one help if they need it. The professors also have vast experience teaching and studying in different countries. Several of the professors are native speakers. Students are able to acquire a world-class education in Lithuania.
Second and third year students can participate in ERASMUS+ mobility program which allows for study at a university abroad for 1 or 2 semesters and do interships in another country. Students of this program have studied at the universities in Ireland, France, Germany, Spain and have undertaken internships in the UK, Cyprus and Spain.
Degrees: Second education (grade history/foreign language)
English level: At least a B1 level of English, proven by a certification (IELTS or TOEFL); the certification can be organized by long-distance
Enrollment into undergraduate studies is carried out on the basis of competition, with high education attainment, academic achievements and results of entrance exams (in
those cases that those exams are organised) and other criteria formulated by MRU taken into consideration.
Please visit the university website for more information.
Studies start from September.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The scope of studies will cover languages of European communication (English and Norwegian / French / German) or languages of Euro-Asian communication (English and Korean).
- Introduction to Linguistics
- Introduction to Studies
- Modern English 1 (Phonetics and Language in Use)
- UK and USA Country Studies
- Second Foreign Language 1 (French / German / Korean / Norwegian / Spanish)
- Basic of Translation
- Contrastive Lexicology and Lexicograohy
- Modern English 2 (Language in Use)
- Modern English 3 (Morphology and Syntax)
- Second Foreign Language 2 (French / German / Korean / Norwegian / Spanish)
- Basic of Literacy Analysis
- Discourse Analysis
- English for Specific Purposes and Communication 1 (Public Administration)
- Translation Technologies
- Second Foreign Language 3 (French / German / Korean / Norwegian / Spanish)
- English for Specific Purposes and Communication 2 (Business)
- Theory of Language for Specific Purposes
- Word Literature
- Second Foreign Language 4 (French / German / Korean / Norwegian / Spanish)
- Academic Writing
- Computational Terminology Research and Management
- English for Specific Purposes and Communication 3 (Law)
- English for Specific Purposes and Communication 4 (Finance)
- Second Foreign Language 5 (French / German / Korean / Norwegian / Spanish)
- Elective Study Subject 1
- Elective Study Subject 2
- Term Paper
- Second Foreign Language 6 (French / German / Korean / Norwegian / Spanish)
- Country Studies of France / Germany / Korea / Norway / Spain
- Bachelor thesis
- Professional practice
Scholarships & funding
Many various scholarship options are available!
Please check the university website for more information.
Non-EU citizens: €2640 per year
EU citizens:€2640 per year
Tuition fees for academic year 2021-2022 will be confirmed in the beginning of March, 2021.
The acquired education gives the program graduates possibility to work in a wide variety of spheres – culture, education and information institutions (culture, education and information centres, media companies, publishing houses, tourism agencies, translation agencies), international organisations, units of state departments, municipalities and business companies which need specialists who are able to start and develop professional dialogue between representatives of different cultures.
About this institute
Mykolas Romeris University
Located just outside the city center, Mykolas Romeris University (MRU) is one of the top universities in Lithuania, currently having about 6,000 students from 74 countries. For International Students, the University offers Bachelor, Master and Doctoral study programs in the...
Why study at Mykolas Romeris University
- #1 in Law and Psychology studies among all Lithuanian universities
- European diplomas, which are easily recognized all over the world
- Multicultural environment
- Low living expenses (€300-350 per month with accommodation at the University Students house)
- Library that's even open at night
- Free introductory week for international students (informational seminars, trips, tours, cultural events)
- Student visa allowing to travel all over the Schengen area
- Scholarships for international mobility (for studies and internships)
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews.
Want to know more about Bachelor in English for Specific Purposes and a Second Foreign Language? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
You may also like...