PhD in Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Monash University has a proud tradition of research excellence, and is committed to providing the highest quality of graduate research education. By undertaking your graduate studies at Monash, you will have the opportunity to be part of our stimulating, supportive and professional research environment. You will also gain a genuine competitive advantage going into the workforce.
Monash Pharmacy produces research that is highly regarded within Australia and worldwide. We have established a strong reputation with industry, both nationally and internationally, and act as a resource for industry and research institutes involved in the pharmaceutical and biomedical sciences. PhD graduates are employed in many areas including the pharmaceutical, manufacturing, biomedical and chemical industry, research institutes, government and military sectors.
A PhD in Pharmacy takes the form of the Monash Doctoral Program – a PhD for the 21st century.
At the core of the program is an extensive, independent research project on an agreed chosen topic, supported by at least two expert academic supervisors. You will also undertake a series of professional development activities or coursework units that equip you with the skills needed to make an impact in academia, industry, government or the wider community. Your study will result in a research thesis which makes a valuable contribution to the current body of knowledge on your chosen topic.
Additional activities in our program that will enhance your research experience include:
(i) An additional Research Experience (one or more of the following):
- Rotation program – take part inresearch rotations before you select your project and supervisor
- Interdisciplinary Researcher program – gain expertise in two or more areas
- Placement program – spend an extended period outside of Monash with a collaborating group
- Joint Award PhD program – gain a dual badged PhD with at least one year at either The University of Nottingham or The University of Warwick, UK.
(ii) An Advanced Course in Drug Discovery and Development - provides students with a heightened exposure to the broad scope of drug discovery and development.
Entry requirements vary depending on your program. Most Masters degrees require an average of 65% (or equivalent) in your Bachelor degree, and Bachelor degrees each have unique entry scores. For more information about local and international curricula, please contact Monash.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Tuition fees vary, and are listed with each degree on the Monash website under “Applications and Fees”. For more information, please contact us or visit our website.
About this institute
At Monash, the desire to make a difference informs everything we do. But we go beyond good intentions. We make an impact, both locally and internationally. We are a global university with a presence on four continents. And our plans...
Why study at Monash University
- Monash is ranked one of the best universities in the world, sitting at #51 in 2021.
- We are the largest university in Australia, with 10 faculties and over 300 degrees to choose from.
- With students from over 100 countries and some of the most innovative and employable degrees in Australia, we are the perfect launchpad for your career.
Be the first to write a review!