Master of ArchitectureMonash University
Master of Architecture
All available course dates
Master of Architecture
The Master of Architecture offers a coursework postgraduate program of education in the discipline of architecture and provides the second of two degrees required for professional registration. The academic program focuses on research-led architectural design teaching and learning through advanced studios and depth-unit architectural studies electives.
The duration may vary depending on prior qualifications, this course can be completed in 2 or 3 years.
English entry requirements
- IELTS (Academic): 6.5 overall (no band lower than 6.0)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic): score of 58 overall with no band lower than 50
- TOEFL Internet-based test: score of 79 overall with minimum scores: Writing: 21, Listening: 12, Reading: 13 and Speaking: 18
For more information about entry requirements please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The course is structured in four parts:
- Part A. Architecture Foundations
- Part B. Advanced architecture and design studios
- Part C: Applied professional practices
- Part D. Electives
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Upon successful completion of this course it is expected that you will:
- acquire and apply the knowledge and range of design, technical and communication skills necessary to become a professional architect according to the National accreditation bodies
- integrate knowledge and skills in the design and communication of architectural projects
- contribute to the built environment with responses sensitive to their environmental, technical, social and cultural contexts
- work and communicate with multi-disciplinary teams in international contexts responsive to local cultures and conditions
- critically assess international architectural discourses and practices and contribute to advancing design research.
Successful completion of this course with H2A equivalence may provide a pathway to a graduate research degree.
Monash - Our Educational Offering
About this institute
At Monash, the desire to make a difference informs everything we do. But we go beyond good intentions. We make an impact, both locally and internationally. We are a global university with a presence on four continents. And our plans...
Why study at Monash University
Double Degrees: A double degree allows you to study for two degrees at the same time. You will graduate with two different bachelor degrees, giving you more career flexibility and opportunities. Studying towards two degrees at the same time allows you to keep your options open, to develop expertise in different but complementary areas, or simply to pursue two areas of interest in-depth. Monash offers one an extensive range of double degrees, with more than 140 double-degrees combinations across all major study fields.
Monash Warwick Alliance: The future of education lies in global partnership. The Alliance harnesses the collective strengths of two universities from opposite sides of the globe, creating international opportunities for all. Now in its 7th year, the International Conference for Undergraduate Research (ICUR) has established itself as a unique student-led event connecting undergraduates from around the world in a 48-hour global academic conference.
GIG: The Global Immersion Guarantee (GIG) is a ground-breaking study opportunity including a funded overseas experience for all first year Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Global Studies and related double degree students.
Bachelor of International Business
The Bachelor of International Business is the perfect degree for those ready to launch their international career. With excellent industry engagement, guaranteed study abroad or industry placement, all while studying on Collins street in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD, you’ll be part of the international business community before you leave the classroom.
Law at Monash - Key selling points
We're more than a degree. More than prestigious. More than one of the best law schools in the world. It's not just what you study, but what you take when you leave us that has the most impact.
- 21st century digital moot court
- global legal hackathons
- clinical guarantee - Monash Law offers guaranteed professional work placements for all students who wish to incorporate a practical component credited towards their Monash Law degree.
- top legal educators
- Monash University & King's College - opportunity to graduate with a qualification from Monash University and King's College London
- Industry Seminars
Engineering: The Monash Engineering Co-operative Education Program (Co-op) is designed to equip students with up-to-date, relevant industry experience and prepare them to become engineers of the future. Co-op provides employers with access to exceptional students for paid internships from Australia’s number 1 Engineering Faculty*.
MADA: There’s nothing like the feeling of creating something amazing from scratch. At MADA, you’ve got the tools at your fingertips to make it happen.
MADA has over 30 creative courses to choose from, 10 double degrees, plus you can add subjects from right across Monash University.
Australia ranked #2 study abroad country
Australia has been ranked the #2 study abroad country in the world for 2020! With everything from the tranquility of the Gold Coast beaches to the adventure of the Australian Alps, take a trip “Down Under” and discover why Australia is a great choice for an exceptional study abroad experience.
Want to know more about Master of Architecture? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Liberec, Czech Republic