Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Master of Advanced NursingMonash University
Master of Advanced Nursing
All available course dates
Master of Advanced Nursing
This course, offered by Nursing and Midwifery, prepares nurses for leadership roles in specialist practice, management, education, disaster nursing and Australian nursing studies. The course enables development of advanced practice knowledge and leadership in specialist practice including skills to plan, implement, coordinate and evaluate health care, as well as the ability to formulate policy for a diverse and multicultural society. Graduates are employed in a wide range of general and specialist clinical, educational and healthcare environments in senior positions and contribute to the health of individuals, families and communities, in addition to the development of the profession.
This course is also offered Multi-Modal.
The duration may vary depending on prior qualifications as 1, 1.5 or 2 years full-time.
English entry requirements
- IELTS (Academic): 6.5 (with individual band scores of Writing: 6.0, Listening: 6.5, Reading: 6.5 and Speaking: 6.0)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic): score of 58 overall with minimum scores: Writing 50, Listening 58, Reading 58, Speaking 50
- TOEFL Internet-based test: score of 79 overall with minimum scores: Writing 21, Listening 20, Reading 19, Speaking 18
For more information about entry requirements please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The course is structured in two parts.
- Part A. Specialist nursing practice studies and
- Part B. Research and advanced scholarly practice.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Upon successful completion of this course it is expected that you will be able to:
- employ creative approaches and skills to address complex nursing and health-related issues
- support the development of evidence-based nursing interventions
- initiate, manage and sustain changes which positively affect health outcomes
- evaluate the impact of care delivery on health outcomes
- provide professional leadership
- contribute to the development of nursing knowledge and practice through education, research, scholarly debate, presentation and publication
- generate and apply advanced knowledge and skills in a selected area of professional nursing practice
Successful completion of this course may provide a pathway to a graduate research degree for students completing the research stream.
Monash - Our Educational Offering
About this institute
At Monash, the desire to make a difference informs everything we do. But we go beyond good intentions. We make an impact, both locally and internationally. We are a global university with a presence on four continents. And our plans...
Why study at Monash University
Double Degrees: A double degree allows you to study for two degrees at the same time. You will graduate with two different bachelor degrees, giving you more career flexibility and opportunities. Studying towards two degrees at the same time allows you to keep your options open, to develop expertise in different but complementary areas, or simply to pursue two areas of interest in-depth. Monash offers one an extensive range of double degrees, with more than 140 double-degrees combinations across all major study fields.
Monash Warwick Alliance: The future of education lies in global partnership. The Alliance harnesses the collective strengths of two universities from opposite sides of the globe, creating international opportunities for all. Now in its 7th year, the International Conference for Undergraduate Research (ICUR) has established itself as a unique student-led event connecting undergraduates from around the world in a 48-hour global academic conference.
GIG: The Global Immersion Guarantee (GIG) is a ground-breaking study opportunity including a funded overseas experience for all first year Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Global Studies and related double degree students.
Bachelor of International Business
The Bachelor of International Business is the perfect degree for those ready to launch their international career. With excellent industry engagement, guaranteed study abroad or industry placement, all while studying on Collins street in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD, you’ll be part of the international business community before you leave the classroom.
Law at Monash - Key selling points
We're more than a degree. More than prestigious. More than one of the best law schools in the world. It's not just what you study, but what you take when you leave us that has the most impact.
- 21st century digital moot court
- global legal hackathons
- clinical guarantee - Monash Law offers guaranteed professional work placements for all students who wish to incorporate a practical component credited towards their Monash Law degree.
- top legal educators
- Monash University & King's College - opportunity to graduate with a qualification from Monash University and King's College London
- Industry Seminars
Engineering: The Monash Engineering Co-operative Education Program (Co-op) is designed to equip students with up-to-date, relevant industry experience and prepare them to become engineers of the future. Co-op provides employers with access to exceptional students for paid internships from Australia’s number 1 Engineering Faculty*.
MADA: There’s nothing like the feeling of creating something amazing from scratch. At MADA, you’ve got the tools at your fingertips to make it happen.
MADA has over 30 creative courses to choose from, 10 double degrees, plus you can add subjects from right across Monash University.
Australia ranked #2 study abroad country
Australia has been ranked the #2 study abroad country in the world for 2020! With everything from the tranquility of the Gold Coast beaches to the adventure of the Australian Alps, take a trip “Down Under” and discover why Australia is a great choice for an exceptional study abroad experience.
Want to know more about Master of Advanced Nursing? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Has COVID-19 affected your study abroad plans?
We want to hear your stories. Help us get a better idea of how the coronavirus is impacting international students by taking our two minute survey.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...