About this program
Why should you choose Applied Data Science?
This BSc program is the perfect choice for high school graduates who are interested in learning the practical applicability of data science knowledge to various industries. Students will discover a multi-disciplinary perspective on how to solve real-life problems that require a mathematical approach, alongside theoretical knowledge of quantitative methods and business management.
Learn How to Manage Big Data
Your curiosity regarding numbers, data analysis, and the continuous advancements made concerning tools and methods for analyzing this data e.g. artificial intelligence, machine learning, and blockchain, offer promising career opportunities for data science graduates. Interdisciplinary data scientists who know how to apply theoretical data science knowledge to solve real-world problems in the field of business and services are particularly in demand. Data scientists support managers in their fundamental goal of making data-driven decisions. Each semester has been carefully designed to guide you through the process of ubiquitous data collection and processing capabilities that enable decision-makers to adapt business strategies in today's fast-changing environment. Solving complex, real-world problems in a wide variety of industry and services require specialized skills in statistics, calculus, computer science, societal, ethical, and legal considerations within data science, as well as business management, including administration, project management and critical thinking.
Become a Female Pioneer at Modul University - let us support your career in Science & Technology
Following our celebration of International Women's Day, our commitment to supporting young women interested in Science and Technology is long-lasting. Therefore, Modul University is proud to be offering successful female BSc Applied Data Science applicants a €500 tuition fee reduction per semester for the entirety of their study program!
How does it work?
- Submit your BSc Applied Data Science application using our online MU Application Portal
- Successful female applicants will receive the Female Pioneer reduction worth €3.000 (€500 x 6 semesters)*
The future is female!
*The Female Pioneer offer is valid for Fall 2022 applicants only. A max. of 15 female applicants will receive the FP reduction.
Step 1: Bachelor Admissions Requirements by Country
Whether you are applying to Modul University Vienna as a national or international student you will need to satisfy our Bachelor's admissions entry requirements. Please contact us to see what entry criteria apply to you based on your high school leaving certificate and English proficiency.
Step 2: Application
Apply using MU's online application portal.
Fill in all required fields and be prepared to upload the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Motivation
- Academic Qualifications (high school certificate including transcripts!)
- Proof of English proficiency
- TOEFL Internet-Based Test –76 points (Preferred minimum of 22 points in writing),
- IELTS– band score 6.0 (We do not accept sub-scores below 5.5 and we prefer a minimum of 6.0 in writing),
- Cambridge Certificate - First Certificate in English - preferred minimum grade B
- Pearson Academic- 65 points
- Duolingo English Proficiency Test-104 points
- Copy of Passport
- Passport-sized photograph
- Letter of Recommendation
Please make sure that your application is complete. Incomplete applications cannot be considered.
Exceptions: If not available yet, the high school leaving certificate and/or English test result may be submitted later on. In such cases, the most up-to-date transcripts must be submitted and provisional admission may be granted until the pending document is submitted.
Please note that all documents must be submitted in English. Only high school leaving certificates and transcripts are also accepted in German.
Step 3: Application Review and Interview
The admission process includes the reviewing and evaluating of each application on an individual basis for an applicant's abilities as a student. If approved, you’ll be contacted by an admissions team member soon thereafter in order to schedule a personal interview at the campus or a video Skype interview.
The interview will give the university the opportunity to clarify issues arising from the application as well as permit an assessment of the personality profile of the applicants. It will also ensure that applicants understand the expectations with regard to their chosen program. It is also the chance for applicants to ask any further questions.
Step 4: Admission Decision
Usually once per week, the admissions committee decides on admission based on previous education performance, the motivation and general impression, extracurricular activities, interview performance, and academic aptitude of the applicant. If approved, admissions documents will be sent to the future student.
Note: Applications will also be accepted before high school graduation and before the English test has been sat.
Our deadlines are based on the average length it takes to get a visa, however, if you already have a valid visa to study in Austria then please get in contact with us.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The curriculum of the Bachelor of Science in Applied Data Science program has the overall objective to create a hands-on learning experience for these specialized skills, with a strong focus on the practical application of the taught tools and methods to various problems among different industries. This focus is manifested in a great variety of teaching methods reflecting applied learning practices, such as real-world projects, case studies, and collaborations with experts and professionals. A mix of individual and group work enables the development of soft skills, such as time management and the ability to work in a team.
- Math and Statistics I
- Foundation of Artificial Intelligence
- Fundamentals of Computer Science and Programming
- Business Administration
- Legal Aspects of Data Science
- Applied Linear Algebra
- Database Management and Design
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Math and Statistics II
- Societal and Ethical Aspects of Data Science
- Text Mining and Media Analytics
- Fundamentals of Web Programming and Application Development
- Time Series Analysis and Forecasting
- Blockchain Applications
- Research Design and Writing Skills
- Knowledge Extraction, Modeling & Visualization
- Project Management and Change Management
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Business Planning
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Smart Information Systems Engineering
- Bachelor Thesis Tutorial
- Latest Trends in Data Science
- Internship Preparatory Course
- Enrichment Course*
- Enrichment Course*
- Bachelor Thesis
- Professional Capstone Project Seminar
- Professional Capstone Project (Internship)
Data Science for Services
Data Science for Businesses
Data Science for Sustainability
Data Science for Geographic Information Systems
Please note, all application submissions are subject to a €50 application fee. The application fee will be deducted from the first tuition payment for all accepted candidates. For those who choose to decline a study offer or rescind their application, the fee is non-refundable.
Tuition Fees: €7,350 per semester (6 semesters) = € 44,100
Reductions on Tuition Fees:
Full Tuition Fee Reduction
- Save 7% of total tuition
- Eligibility: Applicants who who opt to pay their full tuition fee in one.
One Academic Year Tuition Payment Reduction
- Save 5% of tuition for one year
- Eligibility: Applicants who opt to pay ahead the tuition fee for one academic year.
Semesterly Tuition Payment Reduction
- Save 2% of tuition for one year
- Eligibility: Applicants who opt to pay ahead the tuition fee for one semester.
IB Diploma Reduction
- Save 5% of tuition for one year
- Eligibility: Applicants who will or have graduated with an International Baccalaureate Diploma will receive a reduction of 5% on our Bachelor programs. This reduction can not be combined with the European High School Reduction.
EU High School Reduction
- Save 3% of total tuition
- Eligibility: Applicants who will or have graduated from a high school located in Austria, the European Economic Area, United Kingdom and Switzerland will receive a reduction of 3% on our Bachelor programs. This reduction can not be combined with the IB Diploma Reduction.
- 10% of the total tuition fees for following siblings
- Eligibility: Siblings of current MU students. This reduction is not related to a study program.
Exchange Alumni Grant
- Save 8% of total tuition
- Eligibility: Exchange students attending MU who decide to transfer and continue studying.
- Save 10% of total tuition
- Eligibility: This grant is at the discretion of our Admissions Committee for outstanding candidates. This grant is up to the discretion of the admissions committee and no extra application is required.
Career opportunities for graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Applied Data Science:
- Data Scientist, Data Engineer, Consultant, Machine Learning Engineer, Quantitative Analyst
- Data Warehouse Architect, Business Intelligence Analyst, Marketing Analyst
- Consultancy and market research, insurance and the financial industry, media and communication companies
- Product and commerce, logistics and transport, healthcare, research positions
Message the school
About this institute
Modul University Vienna
Modul University Vienna is known as Austria's leading international private university in the heart of Europe. MU Vienna offers well-proven study programs for Bachelor, Master, MBA and Ph.D. levels. The international campus is English speaking, home to highly driven students...
Why study at Modul University Vienna
- Innovative business university with a focus on globalization, sustainability, digital transformation & entrepreneurship with a strong brand legacy within tourism & hospitality research and education.
- Diverse, international student population with over 77% international student body.
English-speaking campus from teaching to administration, student services, and socializing.
Want to know more about BSc in Applied Data Science? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!