MSc Investment Management
Introduction to the Program
The MSc Investment Management has been created to reflect the latest developments in finance theory and in the investment finance industry. Even before the 2008 Financial Crisis, investment finance was becoming increasingly globalised, complex and reliant on information technology to create and manage financial asset portfolios, private equity, and hedge funds.
Our Program covers all aspects of the finance and wealth management industry, such as corporate finance, entrepreneurial finance, financial and managerial accounting, portfolio theory, and investment analysis and management. Our Program also incorporates quantitative and computational methods applied to portfolio analysis and management, the theory and use of securities and derivatives, and to the accounting and financial management of wealth funds. Entrepreneurial finance is an important aspect of our Program, since many traders are now either self-employed or work in small trading companies.
Why Study MSc Investment Management?
- The MSc Investment Management Program is affiliated by the Chartered Financial Analyst - with Middlesex University Dubai the second university in the Gulf region to receive this accolade at Master’s level
- Students are granted exclusive access to The Code of Ethics and Standards video series - CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct, the ethical benchmark for investment professionals globally
- Students have the opportunity to attain up to 22 Certificates of Achievement from the CFA Institute in their first year of MSc Investment Management
- Three students will receive a scholarship from the CFA Institute towards their CFA qualification
- Covers all aspects of the finance and wealth management industry from corporate finance to financial and managerial accounting to investment analysis and management.
- Produces graduates who will be able to use technology to create and manage their own or clients’ investment portfolios or to effectively manage wealth funds in the financial services industry that has become a major end-user and even a major driver of technological innovation, such as machine learning, big data analysis and algorithm trading.
- Provides students with computational, statistical and numerical foundations that will enable you to pursue a career in computational finance or financial technology.
Applicants must have a good honours degree from a UK University, or the equivalent from a recognised overseas University, or an equivalent recognised qualification. The Program is aimed at students with an undergraduate degree in accounting, business economics, finance or economics. Students with an undergraduate degree with an applied quantitative element in the field of statistics, mathematics, engineering, physics, computing or science will also be considered. The Program will provide these graduates with the theoretical and quantitative knowledge, and the skills to pursue an academic or a professional career in finance.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Investment Analysis and Management
- Corporate Finance and Valuation
- Fixed-Income Securities
- Applied Econometrics
- Research Methods and Dissertation
- Corporate Governance and Accountability
- Financial Reporting
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Financial Data and Computing
- Risk Measurement
- Managerial Accounting
- Behavioural Finance
- Derivatives and Structured Products
- Advanced Econometrics
The total tuition fee is AED 70,000/USD 19,058/EUR 16,945.*
Students can benefit from a 10% Postgraduate Study Grant.
Instalment plans available: 8 equal instalments of 12.50% of the tuition fee.
*Fees are subject to change based on the exchange rate at the time of the transaction.
The MSc is designed to allow students whose career choices lie in the financial services sector to develop their analytical skills, acquire a body of knowledge, and be exposed to the frontiers of the subject.
Potential careers span a wide range, including investment banking, corporate banking, financial regulation, investment management, hedge fund management, the equity, bond and foreign currency markets, corporate treasury management, derivatives and risk management.
About this institute
Middlesex University Dubai
Middlesex University Dubai is the first overseas campus of the internationally renowned Middlesex University in London. The campus, which opened in January 2005, has over 3,500 students from more than 100 nationalities and offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in a...
Why study at Middlesex University Dubai
Study a Quality UK Degree in the Heart of Dubai
All of their programmes have the same validation and monitoring system as those offered at their home campus in London, with the same examinations taken simultaneously in both cities. This means students have the benefit of receiving their degree from the UK whilst being able to study in one of the most dynamic, vibrant and rapidly developing cities in the world.
Experience a Truly Global University
Middlesex University Dubai has over 3,200 students from more than 100 nationalities, and has four campuses worldwide: Dubai, London, Malta and Mauritius. Their students are able to learn to work in a multicultural environment, and benefit from the insights and viewpoints of an internationally diverse range of students and faculty – an invaluable asset for any graduate.
Start Your Studies in Dubai with the Option to Transfer Overseas
They provide students with the opportunity to transfer their studies to one of the overseas campuses within their second year of study, enabling them to explore a new culture and build overseas contacts whilst benefiting from the same high quality teaching they would experience in Dubai.
Simple Student Visa Process
Middlesex University Dubai provides Student Visas for all non-national students studying on any academic programme, and their dedicated team ensures this process is carried out as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
Earn Whilst You Learn
Students studying an undergraduate programme are able to hold part time jobs in any of the over 4,500 businesses located in its free zones. Postgraduate classes are held in the evening, Sunday – Thursday between 6:30pm to 9:30pm – enabling students to balance their career and their studies.
Build Your Network
What really sets Dubai apart is its ability to attract the world’s top companies, providing plenty of opportunities for graduates to fast track their career in a multitude of professional roles. Middlesex University Dubai have extensive connections with local and international organisations, allowing students to gain insight from and network with professionals at the top of their game. Many of their programmes are also accredited and recognised by leading professional bodies, meaning their graduates may also gain exemptions from examinations or specific units of professional qualifications.
Want to know more about MSc Investment Management - Part time? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...