Introduction to the Program
The LLM Law is designed to deepen and broaden students’ knowledge of law as an academic subject by providing students with a systematic understanding of legal processes, methods and concepts; of the social and political context in which legal processes take place; and of appropriate theoretical conceptions of law.
Why Study LLM Law?
By maximising your academic potential and refining your problem-solving skills in a transnational context, the Program will help enhance your professional development and horizons. The research and writing skills you gain will be transferable to a variety of professional sectors, including the legal profession, policy-making, corporate sector, governmental bodies or academia.
Our School of Law is comprised of scholars from across the world specialising in areas such as human rights, commercial law, international and European law, who are experts in communicating the latest thinking about complex legal questions, combining instruction in core topics with the fruits of their current research.
Students will also benefit from their extensive network of contacts, which enable the School to offer placement opportunities to eligible students with major local and international organisations.
- The University’s standard entry requirements for LLM/PG Dip/PG Cert Law consists of a Law Degree at 2:2 or Graduate Diploma in Law/CPE.
- However, graduates in related disciplines, with law minors or with relevant professional experience or qualifications may be admitted subject to the Program leader’s discretion.
Other non-UK qualifications will be considered in accordance with NARIC guidelines.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Legal Research Skills
- Foundations and Principles of International Law
- Law of the International Sale of Goods
- International Commercial Litigation and Arbitration
- Intellectual Property Law
- Comparative Corporate Governance
- European Human Rights Law and Practice
- English Commercial Law
- Work Integrated Learning (eligible students only)
- Dismissal Law
- Individual Employment Law
- UK and European Anti-Discrimination Law
- Law and Policy of the World Trade Organization
- International Organisations and International Dispute Resolution
- International Human Rights Law
- UAE & DIFC Employment Law
- Migration Theories and Approaches
- Integrated Work and Learning
- Sustainable Development and Human Rights
The total tuition fee is AED 70,000/USD 19,058/EUR 16,945.*
Students can benefit from a 10% Postgraduate Study Grant.
Instalment plans available: minimum 4 equal instalments of 25% of the tuition fee.
*Fees are subject to change based on the exchange rate at the time of the transaction.
- Opportunities to interact and network with distinguished legal practitioners
- Faculty with extensive experience and expertise in legal research, teaching and practice
- Opportunities to participate in international mooting and MUN competitions
- Opportunities to participate in field visits to international organisations
- Gain exposure to legal practice through the Department’s extensive network of partnerships
Many have continued their higher education studies via a PhD.
This Program is designed for students pursuing careers in legal practice or working with professional service providers who regularly engage with commercial bodies. It prepares them for a wide range of careers in public and private sector organisations, multinational companies and intergovernmental bodies requiring specialist knowledge in the body of domestic and private international body of rules governing commercial transactions and disputes.
The LLM is a marketable qualification and previous graduates of the Program have gone on to work for legal departments of public and private sector organisations, multinational companies, international organisations, governmental departments and within the judiciary.
About this institute
Middlesex University Dubai
Middlesex University Dubai is the first overseas campus of the internationally renowned Middlesex University in London. The campus, which opened in January 2005, has over 3,800 students from more than 116 nationalities and offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in a...
Why study at Middlesex University Dubai
- Globally recognised and industry-accredited quality UK degree
- Wide range of scholarships and grants for undergraduate, postgraduate, international and professional students
- Research-driven, world-class UK education delivered in state-of-the-art facilities
- Apply with your predicted grades to receive a Conditional Offer Letter for September 2021
- Thriving student community with a busy calendar of sports and cultural clubs
- Dedicated careers service providing personalised mentoring and support finding employment and internships
- Luxury, affordable accommodation close to campus, with free shuttle bus service
- Opportunity to transfer credits overseas in your second year of undergraduate study
Want to know more about LLM Law? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...