LLM in International Business Law
Introduction to the Program
This degree aims to enable students to specialise in subjects related to international business law, equipping them with comprehensive knowledge of the legal processes governing international business, through the systematic and critical understanding of topics relevant to international business transactions such as trade law, international sale of goods and commercial arbitration.
Why Study LLM International Business Law?
You will deepen and broaden your knowledge of law as an academic subject; acquiring systematic understanding of legal processes, methods and concepts, of the social and political context in which legal processes take place and of appropriate theoretical conceptions of law.
Ultimately, by maximising your academic potential and refining your problem-solving skills in a transnational context through the acquisition of systematic and critical understanding of complex legal, economic, cultural, ethical and political issues informing international trade relations and transnational business you will enhance your professional development and horizons.
The research and writing skills you gain will be transferable to a variety of professional sectors, including the legal profession, policymaking, corporate sector, governmental bodies or academia.
- Advance your knowledge of international business law in a fast-changing global marketplace and an ever-globalised world
- Study with teaching staff who are engaged in major research across relevant fields of law, from international sale of goods to law and policy of the WTO and international commercial litigation and arbitration
- The University's standard entry requirement consists of a Law degree at 2:2 or Graduate Diploma in Law/CPE
- Graduates in related disciplines, with law minors or with relevant professional experience or qualifications may be admitted subject to the Program coordinator's discretion
- Other non-UK qualifications will be considered in accordance with NARIC guidelines.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Foundations and Principles of International Law
- Law of the International Sale of Goods
- International Commercial Litigation and Arbitration
- Legal Research Skills
- Sustainable Development and Human Rights
- Integrated Work and Learning
- Migration Theories and Approaches
- Politics of Globalisation
- UAE and DIFC Employment Law
- Individual Employment Law
- UK and European Anti-Discrimination Law
- UAE and DIFC Employment Law
- International Organisations and the International Dispute Resolution
- Law and Policy of the World Trade Organisation
- Work Integrated Learning
- International Human Rights Law
The total tuition fee is AED 70,000/USD 19,058/EUR 16,945.*
Students can benefit from a 10% Postgraduate Study Grant.
Instalment plans available: 8 equal instalments of 12.50% of the tuition fee.
*Fees are subject to change based on the exchange rate at the time of the transaction.
- Opportunities to interact and network with distinguished legal practitioners
- Faculty with extensive experience and expertise in legal research, teaching and practice
- Opportunities to participate in international mooting and MUN competitions
- Opportunities to participate in field visits to international organisations
- Gain exposure to legal practice through the Department’s extensive network of partnerships
Graduates have also continued their higher education studies via a PhD.
This Program prepares students for a wide range of careers in public and private sector organisations, multinational companies and inter-governmental bodies requiring specialist knowledge in private and public international law frameworks regulating commercial and trade transactions, as well as mechanisms involved in the resolution of commercial disputes.
About this institute
Middlesex University Dubai
Middlesex University Dubai is the first overseas campus of the internationally renowned Middlesex University in London. The campus, which opened in January 2005, has over 3,500 students from more than 100 nationalities and offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in a...
Why study at Middlesex University Dubai
Study a Quality UK Degree in the Heart of Dubai
All of their programmes have the same validation and monitoring system as those offered at their home campus in London, with the same examinations taken simultaneously in both cities. This means students have the benefit of receiving their degree from the UK whilst being able to study in one of the most dynamic, vibrant and rapidly developing cities in the world.
Experience a Truly Global University
Middlesex University Dubai has over 3,200 students from more than 100 nationalities, and has four campuses worldwide: Dubai, London, Malta and Mauritius. Their students are able to learn to work in a multicultural environment, and benefit from the insights and viewpoints of an internationally diverse range of students and faculty – an invaluable asset for any graduate.
Start Your Studies in Dubai with the Option to Transfer Overseas
They provide students with the opportunity to transfer their studies to one of the overseas campuses within their second year of study, enabling them to explore a new culture and build overseas contacts whilst benefiting from the same high quality teaching they would experience in Dubai.
Simple Student Visa Process
Middlesex University Dubai provides Student Visas for all non-national students studying on any academic programme, and their dedicated team ensures this process is carried out as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
Earn Whilst You Learn
Students studying an undergraduate programme are able to hold part time jobs in any of the over 4,500 businesses located in its free zones. Postgraduate classes are held in the evening, Sunday – Thursday between 6:30pm to 9:30pm – enabling students to balance their career and their studies.
Build Your Network
What really sets Dubai apart is its ability to attract the world’s top companies, providing plenty of opportunities for graduates to fast track their career in a multitude of professional roles. Middlesex University Dubai have extensive connections with local and international organisations, allowing students to gain insight from and network with professionals at the top of their game. Many of their programmes are also accredited and recognised by leading professional bodies, meaning their graduates may also gain exemptions from examinations or specific units of professional qualifications.
Want to know more about LLM in International Business Law - Part time? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...