BSc Honours Information Technology
Introduction to the Program
The BSc Honours Information Technology Program is structured in ways that map explicitly on to modern technology, and includes systems design, application development, network design and management, and web application development.
Why Study BSc Honours Information Technology?
An Information Technology degree is a basis for a wide range of exciting IT based careers including network management, systems design engineering, software development and web application development. Students will be taught by experts in the field in a high-tech lab and have access to specialist equipment. The specialist features of the Program are:
- Students develop a core set of transferable technical skills as well as a strong background in professional ethics.
- Practical hands-on work in modern labs will be used to illustrate the application of theory and concepts.
- Students develop project management skills related to information systems and technology projects, and have an opportunity to implement these skills in their final year project.
- Students have an edge as the University works with companies such as Microsoft, Dell EMC, IBM, Oracle and SAP in addition to being Cisco Net Academy – meaning the student will have access to the latest equipment, and can make use of specialist teaching materials and workshops.
- Program content is enriched by providing industry engagement opportunities to students through industry speakers and field trips.
- Career coaching and support is available to all students through the Careers and Employability Service.
- Option to transfer to London campus.
Middlesex University International Foundation Program (IFP)
Successful completion of the Middlesex University International Foundation Program (IFP)*** (equivalent Programs from other Universities/Colleges/Institutes will be considered).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Information in Organisations
- Emerging Technologies in Practice
- Introduction to Programming
- Computing Systems Architecture and Operating Systems
- Web Applications and Databases
- Project Management and Professional Practice
- Data Management and Business Intelligence
- Operating Systems and Computer Networks
- Information Systems Design and Analysis
- UG Individual Project
- Web-based Mobile App Development
- Novel Interaction Technologies
- Digital Media Engineering
- Strategic Management and Information Systems
- User Experience (UX) Design
- Advanced Web Development with Big Data
- Teaching Computing in the Secondary School
- Industrial Network Design and Management
- Business Intelligence
The tuition fee is AED 55,700/USD 15,165/EUR 13,485 per year.*
Students applying from overseas can benefit from an International Study Grant of 20%.
Instalment plans available: minimum 4 equal instalments of 25% of the tuition fee.
*Fees are subject to change based on the exchange rate at the time of the transaction.
- Excellent industry engagement opportunities, especially organization where we have formal alliances e.g Cisco, Dell EMC, IBM, Oracle and SAP
- Opportunity for professional certifications e.g. CCNA, Dell EMC Associate certificate in Cloud Infrastructure and Services, Dell EMC Associate certificate in Data Science
- ESD compliant Computer Engineering Lab with state-of-the-art National Instruments equipment
- Opportunity to work on industry projects as part of final year projects and coursework
- Opportunity to engage with high profile professionals at invited guest talks and field trips
- Opportunity to participate at various IT competitions and Hackathons under faculty mentorship
- Gain leadership experience by joining the MDX Computing Society
- Entry to various events and talks open only to Universities that have MoU with the British Computer Society – Middle East section
The degree prepares students for a wide range of varied careers. Graduates will have excellent career prospects and the range of potential employers will be vast across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors. There is also the potential to be self-employed. Careers include key roles in the IT support sector, in the wider area of IT project development and where web, database and multimedia skills are required.
Links with the employment market is established through visiting speakers from relevant sections of the industry. The industry partners offer internships, deliver visiting lectures, assist with field trips and recruit at the University’s Careers Day each year.
About this institute
Middlesex University Dubai
Middlesex University Dubai is the first overseas campus of the internationally renowned Middlesex University in London. The campus, which opened in January 2005, has over 3,500 students from more than 100 nationalities and offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in a...
Why study at Middlesex University Dubai
Study a Quality UK Degree in the Heart of Dubai
All of their programmes have the same validation and monitoring system as those offered at their home campus in London, with the same examinations taken simultaneously in both cities. This means students have the benefit of receiving their degree from the UK whilst being able to study in one of the most dynamic, vibrant and rapidly developing cities in the world.
Experience a Truly Global University
Middlesex University Dubai has over 3,200 students from more than 100 nationalities, and has four campuses worldwide: Dubai, London, Malta and Mauritius. Their students are able to learn to work in a multicultural environment, and benefit from the insights and viewpoints of an internationally diverse range of students and faculty – an invaluable asset for any graduate.
Start Your Studies in Dubai with the Option to Transfer Overseas
They provide students with the opportunity to transfer their studies to one of the overseas campuses within their second year of study, enabling them to explore a new culture and build overseas contacts whilst benefiting from the same high quality teaching they would experience in Dubai.
Simple Student Visa Process
Middlesex University Dubai provides Student Visas for all non-national students studying on any academic programme, and their dedicated team ensures this process is carried out as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
Earn Whilst You Learn
Students studying an undergraduate programme are able to hold part time jobs in any of the over 4,500 businesses located in its free zones. Postgraduate classes are held in the evening, Sunday – Thursday between 6:30pm to 9:30pm – enabling students to balance their career and their studies.
Build Your Network
What really sets Dubai apart is its ability to attract the world’s top companies, providing plenty of opportunities for graduates to fast track their career in a multitude of professional roles. Middlesex University Dubai have extensive connections with local and international organisations, allowing students to gain insight from and network with professionals at the top of their game. Many of their programmes are also accredited and recognised by leading professional bodies, meaning their graduates may also gain exemptions from examinations or specific units of professional qualifications.
Want to know more about BSc Honours Information Technology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Melbourne (Australia), Australia
Surrey (British Columbia), Canada
Campbellsville, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America
Chicago, United States of America