BSc Honours Business Information Systems
Introduction to the Program
The BSc Honours Business Information Systems degree prepares students for a wide range of business and computer-based careers including Systems Architects, Chief Information Officer, Enterprise Architects and Business Analysts. You will be taught by experts in the field in a high-tech lab and have access to specialist equipments.
Why Study BSc Honours Business Information Systems?
Business Information Systems is a multi-faceted Program with exciting job prospects. By choosing this degree Program, the student will gain an understanding of how organisations can use information systems to support their strategic, tactical and operational activities. The special features of the Program are:
- Program provides a holistic approach to information systems and business computing.
- Students develop project management skills related to information systems and technology projects, and have an opportunity to implement these skills in their final year project.
- Graduates become key players in managing information, technology and people.
- Students have an edge as the University works with companies such as Microsoft, Dell EMC, IBM, Oracle and SAP in addition to being Cisco Net Academy – meaning the student will have access to the latest equipment, and can make use of specialist teaching materials and workshops.
- Program content is enriched by providing industry engagement opportunities to students through industry speakers and field trips.
- Career coaching and support is available to all students through the Careers and Employability Service.
- Option to transfer to London campus.
Middlesex University International Foundation Program (IFP)
Successful completion of the Middlesex University International Foundation Program (IFP)*** (equivalent Programs from other Universities/Colleges/Institutes will be considered).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Information in Organisations
- Foundations of Informatics
- Project Planning and Research for Information Systems Professionals
- Information Systems Analysis and Design
- Database Systems: Design and Implementation
- Data Analysis for Enterprise Modelling
- UG Individual Project
- Teaching Computing in the Secondary School
- User Experience (UX) Design
- Strategic Information Systems (Enterprise Project) Management
- Innovation and Technology Management
- Business Intelligence
The tuition fee is AED 55,700/USD 15,165/EUR 13,485 per year.*
Students applying from overseas can benefit from an International Study Grant of 20%.
Instalment plans available: minimum 4 equal instalments of 25% of the tuition fee.
*Fees are subject to change based on the exchange rate at the time of the transaction.
- Excellent industry engagement opportunities, especially organization where we have formal alliances e.g Cisco, Dell EMC, IBM, Oracle and SAP
- Opportunity for professional certifications e.g. CCNA, Dell EMC Associate certificate in Cloud Infrastructure and Services, Dell EMC Associate certificate in Data Science
- ESD compliant Computer Engineering Lab with state-of-the-art National Instruments equipment
- Opportunity to work on industry projects as part of final year projects and coursework
- Opportunity to engage with high profile professionals at invited guest talks and field trips
- Opportunity to participate at various IT competitions and Hackathons under faculty mentorship
- Gain leadership experience by joining the MDX Computing Society
- Entry to various events and talks open only to Universities that have MoU with the British Computer Society – Middle East section
The degree opens doors to varied careers in the business information system industry. Students will learn how a modern enterprise operates and how information systems are integral to its success. Recent graduates have progressed onto further studies or secured jobs with global companies in roles such as: Business Analyst, Database Developer/Administrator, IT Support Engineer, Program Analyst, IT Project Manager, Systems Designer/Developer and IS Manager. Links with the employment market is established through visiting speakers from relevant sections of the industry. Our industry partners offer internships, deliver visiting lectures, assist with field trips and recruit at the University’s Careers Day each year.
About this institute
Middlesex University Dubai
Middlesex University Dubai is the first overseas campus of the internationally renowned Middlesex University in London. The campus, which opened in January 2005, has over 3,500 students from more than 100 nationalities and offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in a...
Why study at Middlesex University Dubai
Study a Quality UK Degree in the Heart of Dubai
All of their programmes have the same validation and monitoring system as those offered at their home campus in London, with the same examinations taken simultaneously in both cities. This means students have the benefit of receiving their degree from the UK whilst being able to study in one of the most dynamic, vibrant and rapidly developing cities in the world.
Experience a Truly Global University
Middlesex University Dubai has over 3,200 students from more than 100 nationalities, and has four campuses worldwide: Dubai, London, Malta and Mauritius. Their students are able to learn to work in a multicultural environment, and benefit from the insights and viewpoints of an internationally diverse range of students and faculty – an invaluable asset for any graduate.
Start Your Studies in Dubai with the Option to Transfer Overseas
They provide students with the opportunity to transfer their studies to one of the overseas campuses within their second year of study, enabling them to explore a new culture and build overseas contacts whilst benefiting from the same high quality teaching they would experience in Dubai.
Simple Student Visa Process
Middlesex University Dubai provides Student Visas for all non-national students studying on any academic programme, and their dedicated team ensures this process is carried out as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
Earn Whilst You Learn
Students studying an undergraduate programme are able to hold part time jobs in any of the over 4,500 businesses located in its free zones. Postgraduate classes are held in the evening, Sunday – Thursday between 6:30pm to 9:30pm – enabling students to balance their career and their studies.
Build Your Network
What really sets Dubai apart is its ability to attract the world’s top companies, providing plenty of opportunities for graduates to fast track their career in a multitude of professional roles. Middlesex University Dubai have extensive connections with local and international organisations, allowing students to gain insight from and network with professionals at the top of their game. Many of their programmes are also accredited and recognised by leading professional bodies, meaning their graduates may also gain exemptions from examinations or specific units of professional qualifications.
Want to know more about BSc Honours Business Information Systems? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Chicago, United States of America
8,600 EUR-9,500 EUR
Campbellsville, United States of America
9,150 EUR-10,300 EUR