Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Political Science & International Studies
The major in Political Science and International Studies is designed to provide an understanding of political systems in general and of the American government, European affairs, and international relations in particular.
This major provides intellectual and practical preparation for public service, diplomacy, and journalism, and serves as a preparation for law studies and other graduate-level pursuits. Small classes permit students to hone their information literacy, research methods, and communication skills. McDaniel’s Budapest campus exposes students to a host of different cultures and international institutions, while its campus in Maryland provides a platform for work in Washington, D.C
Applicants are required to have a good command of English.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Political Science
- Classical Political Thought
- Modern Political Thought
- State and Local Government
- International Law and Organization
- Approaches to International Relations
- The European Union: History, Institutions, and Major Policies
- American Political Thought
- American Public Policy
- Comparative Politics of Western European Polities
- Environmental Policy
- United States Campaigns and Elections
- Research Design and Methods
- Internships in Political Science
- Independent Studies in Political Science
- U.S. Foreign Policy
- American Constitutional Law
- Politics of Developing Areas
- Comparative Politics of Communist and Post Communist Political Systems
- American Civil Liberties
- Conflict Resolution, Peacemaking, and Peacekeeping in Post-Cold War World
- Independent Studies in Political Science
- Senior Seminar
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the college website.
Students advance to postgraduate work in fields like electoral studies, media and politics, public policy, international security, international law, peace studies, political philosophy, governmental institutions, and studies of major geographic regions (Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East).
Students completing the Political Science and International Studies major pursue careers in government and politics, intelligence, international business, international non-profit organizations, law, research and analysis, and media.
"Political Science is the meaning of life” The major in Political Science and International Studies is designed to provide an understanding of political history and the system of the American government, European affairs, and international relations in particular. Students completing the Political Science and International Studies major can have careers in government and politics, and learn how to build a gaining a global perspective on political life.
About this institute
McDaniel College is a fully accredited private College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, located in Westminster, Maryland, USA. Its campus in Budapest is also fully accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and...
Why study at McDaniel College Budapest
- American Bachelor’s degree recognized in the US and worldwide
- Option to complete your studies at the main campus of the college in the United States
- Major discount on semesters in the United States
- International group of professors
- Small classes and a personalized academic experience
- Beautiful campus in the heart of Budapest
- Student life in one of Europe's most vibrant and safest cities
- You have a choice to study one of five majors:
- Business Administration & Economics
- Political Science & International Studies
- Art History & Studio Art
- McDaniel College is flexible: you can enter our program as undecided, sample a number of different courses, and then choose your major based on what you prefer. You can study one major, or two majors.
Want to know more about Political Science & International Studies? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Prague, Czech Republic