This 12-week Foundation Course is the perfect solution for those students that do not fulfill the entry requirements for the three-year Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Validated programs, or are in doubt as to which Higher Education in Design program to choose.
The aim of this intensive Foundation Course is to introduce the students to the practice of being a designer. It will help them develop their creative expression and ideas, add meaning and context to their designs. On successful completion of the Foundation Course you will be eligible to enroll in whichever of our three-year Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Validated programs you choose.
Introduction (2 weeks) - Basic drawing techniques and investigation into ideas
We will cover the fundamentals as follows:
Experimentation (5 weeks)
- During this period we will tackle a wide range of projects, spanning many areas of design.
- The aim of this phase is to enable the students to understand their own interests and abilities.
- The experimental stage is to challenge the creativity of the student.
- The projects are organized so that the students try elements of each discipline, from fashion, graphics and interior architecture.
Specialization (4 weeks)
- Students will choose an area of design and engage in self-directed work.
- The tutor will be able to suggest projects, although the student will be encouraged to develop ideas and concepts of their own.
- Each student will participate in a number of projects with some flexibility for those students that may still be unsure of what area to specialise in; Interior Architecture, Graphic Design or Fashion Design.
Presentation (1 week)
- The student is expected to present their self-directed projects.
- They will also build a portfolio of their work, to show prospective degree courses.
- Students will give a short presentation of their best work, focusing on projects that they feel have been successful and why.
- Lastly each student will build a portfolio fit for degree level interviews. It will show finished pieces and the development process.
Marbella Design Academy is located on the sunny coast of Spain. The academy is state recognised by the Ministry of Education in Spain. Graduates have an employment rate near 100%. Graduates are awarded an official BA (Hons) Degree in Interior Architecture...
Want to know more about Foundation Course? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.