About this program
MSc Sport and Exercise
Sport and exercise are more sophisticated than ever before. From the impact on our bodies to the impact on our communities, our understanding of the subject is growing every day. With that growth comes a whole range of specialist fields and niche subjects, not to mention a variety of career paths. This masters course can prepare you for those possibilities, offering the mix of critical thinking, expert knowledge and professional skills vital for new areas of health, exercise intervention and sports education.
It’s a course built on solid scientific and practical foundations. We provide an interdisciplinary perspective – giving you the chance to touch on areas like sport and exercise genetics and neuroscience in sport and exercise. As such, this is a flexible course that offers three pathways.
You’ll need a UK honours degree - at least a 2.2 - typically in a related area or in an area of study accompanied by professional or personal experience. Applicants with relevant extensive professional experience in this field will be considered for Accredited Prior Learning (APL) and Accredited Prior Experience (APE) entrance, even if they do not have the required qualifications.
IELTS score required for international students 6.5 with no element below 5.5.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Manchester is home to some of the biggest names in sports, and this has inspired Manchester Met to offer a wide range of sporting activities to students - there are currently 45 sports clubs at the university,
The Institute of Sport also works with organisations that include the Football Association, the International Olympic Committee, the International Paralympic Committee, Sport England, and UEFA.
- Professional Skills
- Research Methods and Design
- Qualitative and Quantitative
- Research Methods Research Project
- Neuroscience in Sport and Exercise
- Working in Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Sport and Exercise Genetics
- Cardiorespiratory Physiology
- System Physiology and Exercise Testing
- Clinical Exercise Physiology
- Social Psychology of Sport and Exercise
- Cognition and Emotion in Sport and Exercise
- Biological Basis of Human Movement
- Modelling and Simulation
- Biological and Non-Biological Materials in Sports and Exercise
- Applied Biomechanical Techniques
- Analysing Movement
- Foundation Biomechanics
- Sport and Exercise Psychology Consultancy
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
UK and Channel Island Students
- Full-time fee: £8,500 per year
- Part-time fee: £1417 per year
EU And Non-EU International Students
- Full-time fee: £16,500 per year
- Part-time fee: £2750 per year
Our courses are designed to prepare you for a specialist future in sport and exercise, whether that means professional roles or continued studies. While many of our graduates pursue their PhD after achieving their masters, many others have gone into senior roles within education, from international professors to PE teachers to senior managers. It’s also a qualification that can take you far within healthcare, whether working in rehabilitation, health promotion or as a physiologist with the NHS or private provider.
Message the school
About this institute
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester Metropolian University (Manchester Met) is a historic and internationally recognised institution that dates back to 1824. Known for the quality of its teaching, it is also ranked as one of the top 60 universities in the UK (The Complete...
Why study at Manchester Metropolitan University
- Ranked 60th University in the UK. (Complete University Guide 2024)
- Lifelong access to our digital careers service for all alumni of the University.
- £400M+ future investment planned to develop our facilities, buildings and public spaces.
- 1,750 academic teaching staff and Professors.
- 4,000 international students from over 100 countries
- History and heritage: Our roots in higher education date back to 1824.
- Proud to be a top 3 sustainable university in the UK. (People & Planet University League 2022/23)
- Free English language support during your studies.
- Industry links with global companies, including IBM, Bentley Motors, Bosch, Nike, Walt Disney, L’Oreal, and Lloyds Banking Group
- 90% of our research impact is world-leading or internationally excellent. (REF 2021)
Want to know more about Manchester Metropolitan University? Fill out the form and include any questions you have. This information will be sent directly to the school, and a representative will respond to your enquiry.
By completing this form you agree to the Manchester Metropolitan University adding your personal data to our prospective students and enquirers database, and to be contacted by the University for promotional purposes with information on our services, benefits and opportunities. We rely upon the legitimate interests lawful basis in order to hold and use your personal data for these purposes.
You can unsubscribe by using links at the bottom of our communications or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information about our use of your personal data and your data subject rights, please see our Enquirers and Prospective Student Privacy Notice: https://www.mmu.ac.uk/data-protection/privacy-notices/enquirers-prospective-students/
Be the first to write a review!