MPH Global Public HealthManchester Metropolitan University
MPH Global Public Health
All available course dates
MPH Global Public Health
Public Health is a growing concern with issues such as obesity and other complex conditions requiring a need for education and specialist training across the health sector.
This new masters in Global Public Health offers a foundation in public health training and exposure to global health analysis, politics, policies, systems and practices.
You’ll focus on global public health issues guided by the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), set by the United Nations General Assembly in 2015:
- Reproductive, maternal, new-born and child health
- Infectious diseases
- Noncommunicable diseases (NCDs) and mental health
- Injuries and violence
- Universal health coverage (UHC) and health systems
- Environmental risks
- Health risks and disease outbreaks
You’ll develop an in depth understanding of the health challenges facing populations and nations in an increasingly globalised world.
We aim to equip you with skills for planning, managing and evaluating health services for disease prevention, health protection and health promotion.
Graduates from this MPH should develop a workforce with strong management, leadership and critical thinking skills.
This program has the following options:
- 1 year full-time
- Up to 6 years part-time
UK honours degree – at least a 2:2 (or the international equivalent)
Overseas applicants will require IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any category, or an equivalent accepted English qualification.
GCSE Maths and Science at grade A-C, or international equivalent (other evidence or experience will be considered on an individual basis).
Applicants may be interviewed as part of the Admissions process.
Mandatory prior study and relevant experience
This course is open to any university graduate in a health or health-related profession. Those with a medical degree should have one year post-registration professional experience. Applicants with a non-health-related undergraduate degree must be able to demonstrate sufficient public health knowledge or experience.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
On this course, you'll study the following core units:
- Global Public Health Challenges in the 21st Century
- Epidemiology and Statistics for Public Health
- Sociological Methods for Public Health
- Evidence-based Public Health and Health Promotion
- International Health Systems and Policy
Scholarships & funding
Manchester Met is offering scholarships of up to £2,500 for high achieving applicants. This scholarship is open to international students who enrol on a full-time postgraduate Masters program and meet the eligibility criteria. The scholarship will be awarded automatically upon enrolment, no application is required.
For more information about scholarship options, please visit the university website.
- Tuition fee for UK, EU and Channel Island students: £8,500per year.
- Tuition fee for Non-EU International students: £16,500per year.
- Tuition fee for UK, EU and Channel Island students: £1,417 per year.
- Tuition fee for Non-EU International students: £2,750per year.
A Masters qualification typically comprises 180 credits.
- Equips you with skills for planning, managing and evaluating health services for disease prevention, health protection and health promotion.
- Covers many of the areas necessary for sitting Part A of the Faculty of Public Health examination.
This course provides a foundation to develop a wide range of professional careers in public health and epidemiology.
Public health focuses on populations and communities, as opposed to individuals, leading to potential careers in public or government services, research, NGOs and the voluntary sector. Although a number of common themes are covered in this course, you may specialise in roles ranging from health services research, public health analysts, health policy advisors, communicable disease control or directors of public health.
About this institute
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester Metropolitan University (Manchester Met) is ranked 56th in the UK* demonstrating its commitment to providing excellent teaching and research. It has a proud history dating back to 1824 and is also one of the largest universities in the UK...
Why study at Manchester Metropolitan University
1. Ranked 56th University in the UK.
2. Lifelong access to our digital careers service for all alumni of the University.
3. £400M+ future investment planned to develop our facilities, buildings and public spaces.
4. Holder of the distinguished Queen’s Anniversary Prize 2019 for our multilingual poetry project, Mother Tongue Other Tongue.
5. 1,700 academic teaching staff and Professors.
6. History and heritage: Our roots in higher education date back to 1824.
7. Partnerships from across the sporting world including Manchester City Football Club.
8. One of the UK's greenest universities / Ranked 2nd in the People & Planet University League 2019.
9. Founding member of the Institute of Coding.
Want to know more about Manchester Metropolitan University? Fill out the form and include any questions you have. This information will be sent directly to the school, and a representative will respond to your enquiry.
By completing this form you agree to the Manchester Metropolitan University adding your personal data to our prospective students and enquirers database, and to be contacted by the University for promotional purposes with information on our services, benefits and opportunities. We rely upon the legitimate interests lawful basis in order to hold and use your personal data for these purposes.
You can unsubscribe by using links at the bottom of our communications or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information about our use of your personal data and your data subject rights, please see our Enquirers and Prospective Student Privacy Notice: https://www.mmu.ac.uk/data-protection/privacy-notices/enquirers-prospective-students/
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...