About this program
MPH Global Public Health
Public Health is a growing concern with issues such as obesity and other complex conditions requiring a need for education and specialist training across the health sector.
This new masters in Global Public Health offers a foundation in public health training and exposure to global health analysis, politics, policies, systems and practices.
You’ll focus on global public health issues guided by the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), set by the United Nations General Assembly in 2015:
- Reproductive, maternal, new-born and child health
- Infectious diseases
- Noncommunicable diseases (NCDs) and mental health
- Injuries and violence
- Universal health coverage (UHC) and health systems
- Environmental risks
- Health risks and disease outbreaks
You’ll develop an in depth understanding of the health challenges facing populations and nations in an increasingly globalised world.
We aim to equip you with skills for planning, managing and evaluating health services for disease prevention, health protection and health promotion.
Graduates from this MPH should develop a workforce with strong management, leadership and critical thinking skills.
UK honours degree – at least a 2:2 (or the international equivalent)
Overseas applicants will require IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any category, or an equivalent accepted English qualification.
GCSE Maths and Science at grade A-C, or international equivalent (other evidence or experience will be considered on an individual basis).
Applicants may be interviewed as part of the Admissions process.
Mandatory prior study and relevant experience
This course is open to any university graduate in a health or health-related profession. Those with a medical degree should have one year post-registration professional experience. Applicants with a non-health-related undergraduate degree must be able to demonstrate sufficient public health knowledge or experience.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
On this course, you'll study the following core units:
- Global Public Health Challenges in the 21st Century
- Epidemiology and Statistics for Public Health (Part 1)
- Epidemiology and Statistics for Public Health (Part 2)
- Sociological Methods for Public Health
- Evidence-based Public Health and Health Promotion
- International Health Systems and Policy
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
This program has the following options:
- 1 year full-time
- Up to 6 years part-time
UK and Channel Island Students
- Full-time fee: £8,500 per year.
- Part-time fee: £1417 per year.
EU and Non-EU International Students
- Full-time fee: £16,500 per year.
- Part-time fee: £2750 per year.
This course provides a foundation to develop a wide range of professional careers in public health and epidemiology.
Public health focuses on populations and communities, as opposed to individuals, leading to potential careers in public or government services, research, NGOs and the voluntary sector. Although a number of common themes are covered in this course, you may specialise in roles ranging from health services research, public health analysts, health policy advisors, communicable disease control or directors of public health.
Message the school
About this institute
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester Met is located in the centre of Manchester, an exciting and vibrant city, full of museums, galleries, theatres and music venues. It has a proud history dating back to 1824 and has a diverse international population from over 100...
Why study at Manchester Metropolitan University
- Ranked 67th University in the UK. (Complete University Guide 2023)
- Lifelong access to our digital careers service for all alumni of the University.
- £400M+ future investment planned to develop our facilities, buildings and public spaces.
- 1,700 academic teaching staff and Professors.
- 2,700 international students from over 100 countries
- History and heritage: Our roots in higher education date back to 1824.
- Proud to be the UK's number 1 sustainable university. (People & Planet University League 2021/22)
- Free English language support during your studies.Industry links with global companies, including IBM, Bentley Motors, Bosch, Nike, Walt Disney, L’Oreal, and Lloyds Banking Group
- 90% of our research impact is world-leading or internationally excellent. (REF 2021)
Want to know more about Manchester Metropolitan University? Fill out the form and include any questions you have. This information will be sent directly to the school, and a representative will respond to your enquiry.
By completing this form you agree to the Manchester Metropolitan University adding your personal data to our prospective students and enquirers database, and to be contacted by the University for promotional purposes with information on our services, benefits and opportunities. We rely upon the legitimate interests lawful basis in order to hold and use your personal data for these purposes.
You can unsubscribe by using links at the bottom of our communications or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information about our use of your personal data and your data subject rights, please see our Enquirers and Prospective Student Privacy Notice: https://www.mmu.ac.uk/data-protection/privacy-notices/enquirers-prospective-students/
Be the first to write a review!