MA International Relations and Global Communications
The relationship between politics and communications has never been more dynamic or more important than it is today. Digital media, particularly social media, is fundamentally changing the terrain of politics.
This program allows you to study those interactions within an interdisciplinary environment, drawing on research and expertise from the fields of politics, international relations, information and communications, journalism and linguistics.
You will study media and communications theory, plus the historical development of international relations and key issues in contemporary global politics, becoming an expert in how new communication technologies shape societies, politics and individual lives.
This program has the following options:
- 1 year full-time
- 2 year part-time
- 2 year part-time (Online)
You will normally have at least an upper second class undergraduate UK honours degree (or international equivalent) in a relevant subject, or equivalent academic qualification. If you have a different background you may be admitted if you have proven experience in a relevant field.
Overseas applicants will require IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any category, or an equivalent accepted English qualification.
For more information about entry requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Current Issues in Media and Communication
- Putting Communication into Practice
- History of International Relations
- Issues in Contemporary Global Politics
- The Policymaking Process and Comparative Public Policy
- Digital Living
- Disasters and Emergency Planning
- Contemporary US Foreign Policy
- Language, Culture and Communication
- DCritical discourse Analysis
- The EU in Turmoil
Scholarships & funding
The Faculty of Arts and Humanities is offering scholarships worth £2,000 for graduates with a first class honours or upper second class degree. Excellence scholarships are available to full-time home and EU students for 20/21 entry.
For more information about scholarship options, please visit the university website.
- Tuition fee for UK, EU and Channel Island students: £8,500 per year
- Tuition fee for Non-EU International students: £16,000 per year
- Tuition fee for UK, EU and Channel Island students: £1417 per 30 credits studied per year.
- Tuition fee for Non-EU International students: £1834 per 30 credits studied per year
A Masters qualification typically comprises 180 credits.
- Public engagement – Explore opportunities to practice your academic knowledge in real-life scenarios, working with the public, including young people. This will allow you to gain employability experience in preparation for your graduate career.
Graduates may choose to go on to progress to higher research programs or seek a wide range of roles in government, international political, social and economic organisations, journalism and globally oriented businesses.
Graduates have previously gone into roles including:
- TV news presenter (Bulgaria);
- Communications officer for HMRC (UK);
- Policy and guidance manager OFSTED (UK);
- War Room Analyst for the Republican National Committee (USA).
About this institute
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester Metropolitan University (Manchester Met) is ranked among the world’s top 200 universities under 50 years old* demonstrating its commitment to providing excellent teaching and research. It has a proud history dating back to 1824 and is also one of...
Why study at Manchester Metropolitan University
- Ranked in the world’s top 200 universities under 50 years old. (** Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2020)
- Lifelong access to our digital careers service for all alumni of the University.
- £400M+ future investment planned to develop our facilities, buildings and public spaces.
- Holder of the distinguished Queen’s Anniversary Prize 2019 for our multilingual poetry project, Mother Tongue Other Tongue.
- 1,700 academic teaching staff and Professors.
- Our teaching quality has been recognised with a Silver award in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), introduced by the Government in 2017.
- History and heritage: Our roots in higher education date back to 1824.
- Partnerships from across the sporting world including Manchester City Football Club.
- One of the UK's greenest universities / Ranked 2nd in the People & Planet University League 2019.
- Founding member of the Institute of Coding.
Want to know more about Manchester Metropolitan University? Fill out the form and include any questions you have. This information will be sent directly to the school, and a representative will respond to your enquiry.
By completing this form you agree to the Manchester Metropolitan University adding your personal data to our prospective students and enquirers database, and to be contacted by the University for promotional purposes with information on our services, benefits and opportunities. We rely upon the legitimate interests lawful basis in order to hold and use your personal data for these purposes.
You can unsubscribe by using links at the bottom of our communications or by contacting email@example.com. For further information about our use of your personal data and your data subject rights, please see our Enquirers and Prospective Student Privacy Notice: https://www.mmu.ac.uk/data-protection/privacy-notices/enquirers-prospective-students/
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
The Hague, Netherlands
The Hague, Netherlands
Melbourne (Australia), Australia