M BioMed Sci (Hons) Biomedical ScienceManchester Metropolitan University
About this program
M BioMed Sci (Hons) Biomedical Science
Our biomedical science integrated masters degree offers an advanced-level understanding of biomedical science practice. You’ll gain a deeper knowledge of the biological principles that relate to the workings of the human body, as well as the characteristics and diagnosis of disease leading to possible therapeutic interventions.
As you progress through the degree, you’ll move on to more specialist and advanced topics. That could include anything from cell and molecular biology, physiological systems and research skills, to blood science, cellular science and immunology – to name but a few. You’ll spend your final year focusing on a major independent research project in the area of your choice.
Specific GCSE Requirements
GCSE grade C/4 or above in English Language or Pass in Level 2 Functional Skills English
GCSE grade C/4 or above in Mathematics or Pass in Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Research Skills and Employability
- Physiological Systems
- Biomedical Science
- Cellular Science
- Blood Science
- Infection Science
- Techniques and Applications in Biomedical Science
- Immunology and Immunological Disorders
- Haematology and Transfusion
- Integrated Pathology
- Advanced Biological Aspects of Disease
- Research Project
- Research Methods and Ethics in Biomedical Science
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Undergraduate taught courses
If we classify you as an EU or Non-EU International student, you will normally pay between £16,500 and £18,000.
Biomedical and healthcare science graduates may go on to a range of subject-specific careers in the biological, pharmaceutical, clinical, medical, public health and other associated industries. Recent graduates have gone on to secure employment in laboratory/research work, the pharmaceutical industry, education and medical communications.
Message the school
About this institute
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester Met is located in the centre of Manchester, an exciting and vibrant city, full of museums, galleries, theatres and music venues. It has a proud history dating back to 1824 and has a diverse international population from over 100...
Why study at Manchester Metropolitan University
- Ranked 67th University in the UK. (Complete University Guide 2023)
- Lifelong access to our digital careers service for all alumni of the University.
- £400M+ future investment planned to develop our facilities, buildings and public spaces.
- 1,700 academic teaching staff and Professors.
- 2,700 international students from over 100 countries
- History and heritage: Our roots in higher education date back to 1824.
- Proud to be the UK's number 1 sustainable university. (People & Planet University League 2021/22)
- Free English language support during your studies.Industry links with global companies, including IBM, Bentley Motors, Bosch, Nike, Walt Disney, L’Oreal, and Lloyds Banking Group
- 90% of our research impact is world-leading or internationally excellent. (REF 2021)
Manchester Metropolitan University
Want to know more about Manchester Metropolitan University? Fill out the form and include any questions you have. This information will be sent directly to the school, and a representative will respond to your enquiry.
By completing this form you agree to the Manchester Metropolitan University adding your personal data to our prospective students and enquirers database, and to be contacted by the University for promotional purposes with information on our services, benefits and opportunities. We rely upon the legitimate interests lawful basis in order to hold and use your personal data for these purposes.
You can unsubscribe by using links at the bottom of our communications or by contacting email@example.com. For further information about our use of your personal data and your data subject rights, please see our Enquirers and Prospective Student Privacy Notice: https://www.mmu.ac.uk/data-protection/privacy-notices/enquirers-prospective-students/
Be the first to write a review!