About this program
BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing
We’ve designed our course around the core values of the NHS constitution so that you understand what’s required in caring for and supporting vulnerable adults. Our aim is to make sure we prepare you for the challenges you may face and develop the expertise you’ll need to become a leader in nursing.
You’ll spend half of this course on clinical placements in a variety of settings, these may include an operating theatre, accident and emergency, a community health centre, an intensive care unit, an outpatients department or a nursing home.
When you’re on campus, you’ll practice clinical skills and techniques, such as how to manually take a patient’s blood pressure and how to give emergency care in our Clinical Simulation Suite.
As well as practical skills, some of the topics you’ll explore in lectures include anatomy, infectious diseases, how poverty impacts on health, and the ethics of being an adult nurse in today’s society.
All students must demonstrate in their personal statements an understanding of adult nursing in the UK incorporating the NHS core values and contemporary issues in nursing. You must evidence an understanding of the qualities required to be a nursing professional in the UK in order to be shortlisted for an interview. Successful applicants will be subject to a video/face-to-face interview.
UK Students Entry Requirements
Specific GCSE Requirements
A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C/4 or above including Mathematics, English Language, Science and evidence of IT skills. Grade B GCSE Science preferable for applicants who are studying Level 3 BTEC
For applicants who do not hold a GCSE Maths qualification C/4 or above, we welcome applications from candidates who are willing to undertake and complete an equivalent to GCSE Maths C/4 prior to entry i.e. Level 2 Functional Skills or the Manchester Met Equivalency Test
We will accept GCSE Science, Biology, Additional Science, Applied Science, BTEC Level 2 Science (Pass) or the Manchester Met Equivalency Test as an acceptable equivalent.
Please note that we will only consider one equivalent (as outlined above), i.e. either Mathematics or Science, not both.
Access to HE Diploma candidates studying a Science based course only require GCSE English Language and Maths, Grade C or 4.
International Students Entry Requirements
International Baccalaureate Points
29 IB Diploma Points
IELTS Score Required For International Students
6.5 overall with a minimum score of 6.5 in reading, listening and speaking and 6.0 in writing
There’s further information for international students on our international website if you’re applying with non-UK qualifications.
For more information about entry requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Becoming an Accountable Professional 1
- Becoming an Accountable Professional 2
- Science & Skills for Practice
- Introduction to Nursing Enquiry & Evaluation
- What is Health?
- Effective Communication in Health & Social Care
- Diversity in Nursing Practice
- Developing Governance in Practice
- Assessing Need & Planning Care for Adult Nursing
- Developing as an Accountable Professional 1
- Developing as an Accountable Professional 2
- Health for All
- Translating Evidence into Practice
- Leading Managing & Evaluating Complex Care
- The Autonomous Practitioner
- Being an Accountable Professional 1
- Medicines Management
- Being an Accountable Professional 2
Scholarships & funding
Manchester Met is offering a scholarship package of £2,000 for every year of study to international students accepted onto a full-time taught undergraduate program that starts in September 2020. If you meet the eligibility criteria, the scholarship will be awarded upon enrolment, no application is required.
For more information about scholarship options, please visit the university website.
Undergraduate taught courses
If we classify you as an EU or Non-EU International student, you will normally pay between £16,500 and £18,000.
A 3 year degree qualification typically comprises of 360 credits (120 credits per year).
- Become a registered nurse - As a graduate, you’re eligible to register as a nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
- Extra qualifications - You will have the opportunity to gain the added benefit of additional awards in Acute Illness Management and Mental Health First Aid by the end of the course.
You might decide to specialise in a particular field of nursing and continue with postgraduate study. We have a range of postgraduate courses to support your professional development.
When you graduate, you’ll gain a Bachelor of Science degree and eligibility to register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) as an adult nurse.
As a registered nurse, you might work at one of our partner NHS trusts, where you completed a placement experience, or you might move into the private or voluntary sector.
Many of our graduates work as staff nurses in NHS hospitals in the UK and go on to become ward managers or specialist nurses, but you could develop your nursing career in a GP practice, care home, school, hospice, prison or the Armed Forces.
Message the school
About this institute
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester Metropolitan University (Manchester Met) is ranked 56th in the UK* demonstrating its commitment to providing excellent teaching and research. It has a proud history dating back to 1824 and is also one of the largest universities in the UK...
Why study at Manchester Metropolitan University
1. Ranked 56th University in the UK.
2. Lifelong access to our digital careers service for all alumni of the University.
3. £400M+ future investment planned to develop our facilities, buildings and public spaces.
4. Holder of the distinguished Queen’s Anniversary Prize 2019 for our multilingual poetry project, Mother Tongue Other Tongue.
5. 1,700 academic teaching staff and Professors.
6. History and heritage: Our roots in higher education date back to 1824.
7. Partnerships from across the sporting world including Manchester City Football Club.
8. One of the UK's greenest universities / Ranked 2nd in the People & Planet University League 2019.
9. Founding member of the Institute of Coding.
Want to know more about Manchester Metropolitan University? Fill out the form and include any questions you have. This information will be sent directly to the school, and a representative will respond to your enquiry.
By completing this form you agree to the Manchester Metropolitan University adding your personal data to our prospective students and enquirers database, and to be contacted by the University for promotional purposes with information on our services, benefits and opportunities. We rely upon the legitimate interests lawful basis in order to hold and use your personal data for these purposes.
You can unsubscribe by using links at the bottom of our communications or by contacting email@example.com. For further information about our use of your personal data and your data subject rights, please see our Enquirers and Prospective Student Privacy Notice: https://www.mmu.ac.uk/data-protection/privacy-notices/enquirers-prospective-students/
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Campbellsville, United States of America
Alliance, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America