BEng Mechanical Engineering
Our BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering degree provides a strong theoretical and practical foundation for those looking to open the door to one of the many career opportunities available to mechanical engineers. With project-based learning throughout, you’ll develop the transferable skills and multidisciplinary awareness that are highly valued in industry.
In your first year, you’ll get a grounding in the fundamental principles of applied mathematics and engineering sciences. What’s more, you’ll also get straight into the practical side of things, with a design-and-build challenge.
You’ll develop scientific and analytical skills as you study specialisms like solid and fluid mechanics, dynamics, thermodynamics and engineering mathematics. And with project work that’s rooted in our research and shaped around industry, you’ll learn how to apply those skills to real-world engineering.
This Mechanical Engineering degree is accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers on behalf of the Engineering Council for the purposes of fully meeting the academic requirement for registration as an Incorporated Engineer and partly meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Engineer.
This program has the following options:
- 3 years full-time
- 4 years with placement
- 4 years part-time (1 day and same evening per week)
- A foundation year is also available
UK Students Entry Requirements
Specific GCSE Requirements
GCSE grade C/4 in English Language or Level 2 Functional Skills English and
GCSE grade C/4 in Mathematics or Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics and
GCSE grade C/4 in Science or BTEC Level 2 in Applied Science with grade merit
The level 2 requirements may also be met through the level 3 course requirements for the course; please contact the University directly if you require further information.
Non Tariffed Qualifications
Pass Access to HE Diploma in Engineering or Science with a minimum score of 106 UCAS Tariff points and with grade merit or above in one Level 3 Mathematics unit.
International Students Entry Requirements
International Baccalaureate Points
26 IB Diploma Points including HL Mathematics AND a HL Science, Engineering or Technology subject
IELTS Score Required For International Students
6.0 overall with no individual element below 5.5
For more information about entry requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Manchester Met is offering a scholarship package of £2,000 for every year of study to international students accepted onto a full-time taught undergraduate program that starts in September 2020. If you meet the eligibility criteria, the scholarship will be awarded upon enrolment, no application is required.
For more information about scholarship options, please visit the university website.
- Tuition fee for UK, EU and Channel Island students: £9,250 per year
- Tuition fee for Non-EU International students: £16,500 per year
- Tuition fee for UK, EU and Channel Island students: £2312.50 per 30 credits studied per year.
- Tuition fee for Non-EU International students: £4125 per 30 credits studied per year
A 3 year degree qualification typically comprises of 360 credits (120 credits per year).
Our Mechanical Engineering graduates occupy a variety of roles in engineering consultancies, manufacturing, aircraft design and manufacture, automotive and railway engineering, steel manufacturing, naval engineering, water companies, and the power and nuclear fuel industries.
Employers outside of engineering sectors also recognise the skills and problem-solving capacity of the engineering graduate, and there may be opportunities in sales, commissioning, finance, teaching and management, as well as roles managing technology to support a range of organisations.
About this institute
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester Metropolitan University is home to a diverse international student population from more than 130 countries. The University is ranked amongst the world’s top 200 universities under 50 years old†, which is a measure of its commitment to delivering and...
Why study at Manchester Metropolitan University
- Ranked in the world’s top 200 universities under 50 years old. (** Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2020)
- Lifelong access to our digital careers service for all alumni of the University.
- £400M+ future investment planned to develop our facilities, buildings and public spaces.
- Holder of the distinguished Queen’s Anniversary Prize 2019 for our multilingual poetry project, Mother Tongue Other Tongue.
- 1,700 academic teaching staff and Professors.
- Our teaching quality has been recognised with a Silver award in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), introduced by the Government in 2017.
- History and heritage: Our roots in higher education date back to 1824.
- Partnerships from across the sporting world including Manchester City Football Club.
- One of the UK's greenest universities / Ranked 2nd in the People & Planet University League 2019.
- Founding member of the Institute of Coding.
Want to know more about Manchester Metropolitan University? Fill out the form and include any questions you have. This information will be sent directly to the school, and a representative will respond to your enquiry.
By completing this form you agree to the Manchester Metropolitan University adding your personal data to our prospective students and enquirers database, and to be contacted by the University for promotional purposes with information on our services, benefits and opportunities. We rely upon the legitimate interests lawful basis in order to hold and use your personal data for these purposes.
You can unsubscribe by using links at the bottom of our communications or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information about our use of your personal data and your data subject rights, please see our Enquirers and Prospective Student Privacy Notice: https://www.mmu.ac.uk/data-protection/privacy-notices/enquirers-prospective-students/
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America