BA International Business Management
Political and economic developments such as Brexit mean that international trade agreements, foreign direct investment and the attractiveness of where a company does business and accesses talent are more important than ever.
In the digital age, almost every business operates on the world stage and supplies to multiple countries. To compete in this hugely competitive global arena, it’s vital they have people who understand the nuances, challenges and opportunities of operating overseas.
Exploring enterprise, entrepreneurship and emerging markets
We’ll help you gain specialist knowledge in managing people of different cultures and backgrounds, and the political and governing structures of different markets that influence how businesses operate.
You’ll also develop the cross-cultural management skills you need to build international business relationships in often volatile political, cultural and economic environments.
We offer four-year routes where you can spend your third year on placement or study abroad at one of our overseas partner universities. Past students have worked for Johnson and Johnson in Tokyo, Hellman Worldwide Logistics in the USA and Warner Bros in London.
By the time you leave our business school, you’ll have the business knowledge and cross-cultural management skills to kickstart your career in the UK and abroad.
This program has the following options:
- 3 years full-time
- 4 years with placement
- 4 years with overseas study
UK Students Entry Requirements
Specific GCSE Requirements
GCSE grade C/4 in English Language or Level 2 Functional Skills English and
GCSE grade C/4 in Mathematics or Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics
Non Tariffed Qualifications
Pass Access to HE Diploma in a relevant subject with a minimum of 106 UCAS Tariff points
International Students Entry Requirements
International Baccalaureate Points
26 IB Diploma Points
IELTS Score Required For International Students
6.0 overall with no individual element below 5.5
For more information about entry requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Manchester Met is offering a scholarship package of £2,000 for every year of study to international students accepted onto a full-time taught undergraduate program that starts in September 2020. If you meet the eligibility criteria, the scholarship will be awarded upon enrolment, no application is required.
For more information about scholarship options, please visit the university website.
- Tuition fee for UK, EU and Channel Island students: £9,250 per year.
- Tuition fee for Non-EU International students: £15,500 per year.
A 3 year degree qualification typically comprises of 360 credits
- Teaching by professionals – our staff work with some of the UK’s biggest companies and pass on their experience through their teaching.
- Triple crown - study in a Business School that has prestigious triple accreditation from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA.Learn in an international city – Manchester is home to some exciting businesses and, on placements, you gain real-world experience through our network of industry connections.
- Study overseas – spend a year at one of our partner universities the USA, Australia, Canada ,China (Hong Kong SAR), France, Germany, the Netherlands, Denmark, Italy, Spain, Cyprus or Lithuania.
- Global prospects – your degree could take your anywhere in the world and you can learn a language while you study.
- Regular industry events – attend guest talks and masterclasses delivered by leading industry professionals and network with recruiting businesses at key industry events.
- Placement or study abroad flexibility – you will enrol on the three year course and decide if a placement or overseas study is right for you once you have started your studies, so you don’t have to decide now.
With a thorough understanding of how business operates on a global level, your degree could take you anywhere in the world.
Many of our graduates kickstart their career outside the UK and now live and work in Europe, Asia or South America.
Our graduates work in a wide range of management positions in:
- management commerce
- the public sector
Other graduates have entered graduate training schemes with international companies such as IBM, Credit Suisse and BMW.
Alternatively, you could use your skills to launch your own business or consultancy. Our business incubator, Innospace, can help you to develop your business ideas and provide practical support to get your company up and running.
About this institute
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester Metropolitan University is home to a diverse international student population from more than 130 countries. The University is ranked amongst the world’s top 200 universities under 50 years old†, which is a measure of its commitment to delivering and...
Why study at Manchester Metropolitan University
- Ranked in the world’s top 200 universities under 50 years old. (** Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2020)
- Lifelong access to our digital careers service for all alumni of the University.
- £400M+ future investment planned to develop our facilities, buildings and public spaces.
- Holder of the distinguished Queen’s Anniversary Prize 2019 for our multilingual poetry project, Mother Tongue Other Tongue.
- 1,700 academic teaching staff and Professors.
- Our teaching quality has been recognised with a Silver award in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), introduced by the Government in 2017.
- History and heritage: Our roots in higher education date back to 1824.
- Partnerships from across the sporting world including Manchester City Football Club.
- One of the UK's greenest universities / Ranked 2nd in the People & Planet University League 2019.
- Founding member of the Institute of Coding.
Want to know more about Manchester Metropolitan University? Fill out the form and include any questions you have. This information will be sent directly to the school, and a representative will respond to your enquiry.
By completing this form you agree to the Manchester Metropolitan University adding your personal data to our prospective students and enquirers database, and to be contacted by the University for promotional purposes with information on our services, benefits and opportunities. We rely upon the legitimate interests lawful basis in order to hold and use your personal data for these purposes.
You can unsubscribe by using links at the bottom of our communications or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information about our use of your personal data and your data subject rights, please see our Enquirers and Prospective Student Privacy Notice: https://www.mmu.ac.uk/data-protection/privacy-notices/enquirers-prospective-students/
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...