About this program
BA Interior Design
BA (Hons) Interior Design is concerned with the occupation of space, how it is used and importantly, how it is experienced. We promote the understanding and subsequent remodelling of existing spaces, in order to create meaningful interventions.
This course views interior design as a distinct, rigorous practice. Through architectural and design interventions, we engage with collaborative and creative ventures to enhance human interaction with their environment. This can be applied at an architectural scale whilst appreciating the detail and fabrication of objects, surfaces and materials.
The core elements of the course are taught by practising designers and architects, touching on all aspects of interior design such as interior architecture, exhibition design, event /set design or object/element design.
The course advocates the synthesis of this ideology as a creative, rigorous and intellectual process. We value ideas, invention and practical resolution in the creation of new, and often unconventional interior identities. We can create experiential, experimental or functional spaces. We shape environments, generate identities, question programs, detail objects, design or specify materials and furniture.
Ultimately, we place human involvement with space at the centre of all our endeavours.
This program has the following options:
- 3 years (full-time)
- 4 years (with placement year and/or overseas study)
UCAS Tariff Points/Grades Required
- A levels – e.g. BCC-BBC
- Pearson BTEC National Extended Diploma – DMM
- Pass Access to HE Diploma with a minimum of 106 UCAS Tariff points
- Equivalent qualifications and combinations will be considered, including Extended Project (EPQ).
- AS levels (or qualifications equivalent to AS level) are not accepted.
Specific GCSE Requirements
GCSE grade C/4 in English Language or Level 2 Functional Skills English pass
Non Tariffed Qualifications - Pass Access to HE Diploma in a relevant subject with a minimum 112 UCAS Tariff Points
IB Diploma with minimum 26 points overall or 104-112 UCAS Tariff points from Higher Level. If you plan to meet the Level 2 course requirements through your IB Diploma you will need to achieve Higher Level 4 or Standard Level 5 in English Points
A minimum IELTS score of 6.0 with no element below 5.5 is required.
For more information about entry requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- ID1 Beginnings
- ID2 Occupations
- Unit X
- Contextualising Practice 1 or Contextualising Practice with Language 1
- ID3 Specifics
- Unit X
- Contextualising Practice 2 or Contextualising Practice with Language 2
- ID4 Major Project
- Unit X
- Contextualising Practice 3 or Contextualising Practice with a Language
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Undergraduate taught courses
If we classify you as an EU or Non-EU International student, you will normally pay between £16,500 and £18,000.
A degree typically comprises 360 credits
Graduates from the course go on to work all over the world and have gained successful employment for design agencies and architectural practices such as Johnson Naylor, Sheppard Robson, 5plus Architects, Fosters + Partners, Conran + Partners, Imagination, Casson-Mann, HMKM, Start JG and 20.20 Design. Because of the wide and diverse skill-set taught as part of the course's curriculum, Interior Design graduates have also established other careers within the professional creative industries including exhibition curation, TV and theatre stage set design, furniture design, brand design, event and project management, architecture, teaching and postgraduate study.
Message the school
About this institute
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester Metropolitan University (Manchester Met) is ranked 56th in the UK* demonstrating its commitment to providing excellent teaching and research. It has a proud history dating back to 1824 and is also one of the largest universities in the UK...
Why study at Manchester Metropolitan University
1. Ranked 56th University in the UK.
2. Lifelong access to our digital careers service for all alumni of the University.
3. £400M+ future investment planned to develop our facilities, buildings and public spaces.
4. Holder of the distinguished Queen’s Anniversary Prize 2019 for our multilingual poetry project, Mother Tongue Other Tongue.
5. 1,700 academic teaching staff and Professors.
6. History and heritage: Our roots in higher education date back to 1824.
7. Partnerships from across the sporting world including Manchester City Football Club.
8. One of the UK's greenest universities / Ranked 2nd in the People & Planet University League 2019.
9. Founding member of the Institute of Coding.
Average rating 4Based on 1 reviews.
Want to know more about Manchester Metropolitan University? Fill out the form and include any questions you have. This information will be sent directly to the school, and a representative will respond to your enquiry.
By completing this form you agree to the Manchester Metropolitan University adding your personal data to our prospective students and enquirers database, and to be contacted by the University for promotional purposes with information on our services, benefits and opportunities. We rely upon the legitimate interests lawful basis in order to hold and use your personal data for these purposes.
You can unsubscribe by using links at the bottom of our communications or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information about our use of your personal data and your data subject rights, please see our Enquirers and Prospective Student Privacy Notice: https://www.mmu.ac.uk/data-protection/privacy-notices/enquirers-prospective-students/
You may also like...
Detroit, United States of America
Bloomington, United States of America