About this program
Media Technology: Strategic Media Development
New forms of digital media technologies emerge every day, affecting all aspects of our lives as well as changing how organizations and society operate, often in rapid and unexpected ways. From constantly changing forms of mobile communications to virtual and augmented reality, technologies offer new ways of interacting with each other, managing our wellbeing, studying, working and organizing our societies. Creating and managing this complex and rapidly changing media environment requires the ability to see beyond the hype and make informed and timely decisions. This calls for an advanced understanding of the complex interplay between people, organizational processes and digital technologies. In this master’s program you — the future professionals and researchers — will learn to navigate the complexities of this new media environment, and to lead the strategic development of future media technologies across various industries where digitalization is happening and digital media is a key element of success.
- Bachelor degree in media technology or in a related field with a minimum 180 European Credit Transfer System credits. Examples of related fields include: computer science, informatics, information systems, human-computer interaction, interaction design, media/IT management, game development, media and communication science and digital cultural studies.
- English proficiency equivalent to English 6 from a Swedish upper secondary school.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Master of Science (120 credits) in Media Technology.
To earn a master’s degree in Media Technology, students must complete 120 ECTS credits, at least 105 ECTS of which must be within the Media Technology major. This includes 30 ECTS of master’s thesis. All required courses must be passed. In addition, students must hold Bachelor degree with minimum 180 ECTS or equivalent.
Message the school
About this institute
Malmö University is characterised by global engagement, community involvement, and a multidisciplinary, challenge-based approach to education, research and collaboration. A young innovative, urban and international institute of higher education located in the very south of Sweden. We offer English-taught programmes...
Why study at Malmö University
Malmö has undergone major developments in the past two decades, especially since the opening of the Öresund bridge and the founding of Malmö University. You may be surprised to learn that the city regularly collects accolades in all kinds of international rankings:
- Promotes an entrepreneurial and innovative learning environment that influences and is influenced by the education and research at Malmö University. For instance, Forbes identified Malmö as the 4th most innovative city in the world, largely thanks to its impressively high ratio of patents per inhabitant.
- Malmö has also been ranked the world’s 6th most bike-friendly city. No surprise there, given that the world’s #1, Copenhagen, is just across the water! Ideal conditions for students that prefer the cheap and healthy way to get from A to B.
- In the European Commission’s “Quality of life” survey, Malmö residents are among the happiest in the continent: Regularly, 95% and more report being “satisfied” or “very satisfied” with their life. Given that around 40% of Malmö’s
Want to know more about Media Technology: Strategic Media Development? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!