Biomedical Surface ScienceMalmö University
About this program
Biomedical Surface Science
The program focuses on biological and artificial interfaces that are of utmost importance and interest in the field of biomedical science.
This is an excellent opportunity for you who has a bachelor’s degree in life sciences and would like to advance your skills in biomedical science. The program offers theoretical as well as practical skills, beyond traditional teaching in biomedicine, biology and chemistry. The education combines cell and molecular biology with surface and colloid chemistry. It offers unique knowledge, useful in biotech applications such as: drug delivery systems, implants, bio-assays, medical nano-technology and food technology. Arranged in close collaboration with regional industry, it provides an up to date overview of research and development in the field of biomedical surface science.
- Bachelor’s degree (180 credits) or equivalent with a major in chemistry, biochemistry, biomedical technology, biomedical methods and technology, biomedical laboratory science, or in other areas of natural, medical, engineering sciences or technology of relevance to the program with a minimum of 15 credits in chemistry and/or biochemistry.
- The equivalent of Swedish secondary school English B or English 6.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Master's Degree (120 credits).
The requirements for a Master’s degree in Biomedical Surface Science are fulfilled upon completion of the program.
The degree certificate specifies the Swedish title Masterexamen i biomedicinsk ytvetenskap (120 hp) and the English title Master of Science (120 credits) with a major in Biomedical Surface Science.
Message the school
About this institute
Malmö University is characterised by global engagement, community involvement, and a multidisciplinary, challenge-based approach to education, research and collaboration. A young innovative, urban and international institute of higher education located in the very south of Sweden. We offer English-taught programmes...
Why study at Malmö University
Malmö has undergone major developments in the past two decades, especially since the opening of the Öresund bridge and the founding of Malmö University. You may be surprised to learn that the city regularly collects accolades in all kinds of international rankings:
- Promotes an entrepreneurial and innovative learning environment that influences and is influenced by the education and research at Malmö University. For instance, Forbes identified Malmö as the 4th most innovative city in the world, largely thanks to its impressively high ratio of patents per inhabitant.
- Malmö has also been ranked the world’s 6th most bike-friendly city. No surprise there, given that the world’s #1, Copenhagen, is just across the water! Ideal conditions for students that prefer the cheap and healthy way to get from A to B.
- In the European Commission’s “Quality of life” survey, Malmö residents are among the happiest in the continent: Regularly, 95% and more report being “satisfied” or “very satisfied” with their life. Given that around 40% of Malmö’s
Want to know more about Biomedical Surface Science? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!