Master's degree in Music ManagementMacromedia University of Applied Sciences
Master's degree in Music Management
All available course dates
Music, along with painting, is one of the oldest art forms. It transports emotions like no other and is part of everyday life all around the world. Music is closely connected with the media industry and entertainment business, and requires important music management skills.
This includes working with important distribution channels, managing concerts, the task of discovering and promoting musicians, bands and songwriters, and the trading of music rights.
Contents of the Music Management (M.A.) programme
Students specialising in Music Management acquire all the necessary qualifications for product, project and concert management to be able to manage artists and bands professionally and successfully. Distinct knowledge of target groups and market mechanisms, contract, copyright and exploitation law, concert management as well as music sociology and psychology are as much a part of the course content as music history and artist management. The curriculum includes:
- Product Management
- Project Management
- Social Media Management
- Music Production
- Artist Management
- Music Marketing
Admission requirements are as follows:
- Recognised Bachelor's degree
- English language proficiency certificate
- TOEFL (at least 72 out of 120)
- IELTS (at least 6 out of 9)
- CV (curriculum vitae)
- Motivation statement
- Letter of recommendation (by your lecturer or employer)
- Personal interview (optional)
Applicants with a bachelor's degree of 180 ECTS study a four-semester programme, while applicants with 210 ECTS may join the three-semester programme.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
6,500 € per semester
One-off registration fee
- 500 € (EU students)
- 750 € (Non EU students)
Macromedia offers partial scholarships (10-30%) to talented applicants and you can also apply to other organisations.
Students on this M.A. programme are awarded the following master's degree:
- Master of Arts in Media and Communication Management with specialisation in Music Management
By the end of this M.A. programme, you are fully prepared to carry out media and communications management roles in the music industry and can aim for competitive positions in the cultural and event sector or in music production. Examples of future roles include:
- Artist Manager
- Cultural management
- Label Manager
- Artist & Repertoire Manager
- Executive in the music business
About this institute
Macromedia University of Applied Sciences - Bachelor and Master Programmes
Choosing a university is an important life decision. It's the place where you lay the foundation for your future career network and discover your chosen area of work and start to mould your professional identity. We are delighted that you've...
Why study at Macromedia University of Applied Sciences
- Globally recognised state-approved degrees
- A wide network of more than 500 partners
- Practice projects with well-known companies
- State-of-the-art media labs and facilities
- Small classes and individual guidance
- Strong career prospects after graduation
- Campuses in major media metropolises: Berlin, Munich and Cologne
- International students from all continents
- Programmes entirely in English
Want to know more about Master's degree in Music Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Cedar City, United States of America
Melbourne (Australia), Australia