Master's degree in Media and Communication ManagementMacromedia University of Applied Sciences
Master's degree in Media and Communication Management
All available course dates
How should businesses design their media and communication strategies? With infinite number of trends, tools and platforms, media businesses must be constantly on the look out for new challenges and opportunities.
The rapidly changing media landscape demands sound decision makers who can combine media management skills with strategic thinking, and this Master's programme with specialisation in Media and Communication Management is designed to train the media managers of the future.
Contents of the Media and Communications Management (M.A.) programme
In this Master's course, you will specialise in media and communication management by developing a thorough understanding of the relevant theories, methods and tools you will need to work as a top manager in a leading position in the media industry. This includes intensive overview of media management, brand management, PR and advertising and communication psychology. The programme includes:
- Foresight and global trends
- Media and communication research
- Strategy and innovation processes
- Media economics and management
- Corporate communications management
- Leadership and entrepreneurial thinking
- Brands and branding
Admission requirements are as follows:
- Recognised Bachelor's degree
- English language proficiency certificate
- TOEFL (at least 72 out of 120)
- IELTS (at least 6 out of 9)
- CV (curriculum vitae)
- Motivation statement
- Letter of recommendation (by your lecturer or employer)
- Personal interview (optional)
Applicants with a bachelor's degree of 180 ECTS study a four-semester programme, while applicants with 210 ECTS may join the three-semester programme.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
6,500 € per semester
One-off registration fee
- 500 € (EU students)
- 750 € (Non EU students)
Macromedia offers partial scholarships (10-30%) to talented applicants and you can also apply to other organisations.
Students on this M.A. programme are awarded the following master's degree:
- Master of Arts in Media and Communication Management
Career prospects after graduation
By the end of this M.A. programme, you are fully prepared to carry out top level managerial roles in the area of media and communications management and can aim for competitive senior positions in media companies, creative agencies, publishing houses, corporations and non-profits globally. Examples of future roles include:
- Communications manager
- Account manager in marketing agencies
- Producer for film or television projects
- Marketing manager
- PR manager or spokesperson for corporations or SMEs
- Project manager in the media sector
- Social media manager
About this institute
Macromedia University of Applied Sciences - Bachelor and Master Programmes
Choosing a university is an important life decision. It's the place where you lay the foundation for your future career network and discover your chosen area of work and start to mould your professional identity. We are delighted that you've...
Why study at Macromedia University of Applied Sciences
- Globally recognised state-approved degrees
- A wide network of more than 500 partners
- Practice projects with well-known companies
- State-of-the-art media labs and facilities
- Small classes and individual guidance
- Strong career prospects after graduation
- Campuses in major media metropolises: Berlin, Munich and Cologne
- International students from all continents
- Programmes entirely in English
Want to know more about Master's degree in Media and Communication Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...