About this program
Gender Equality and Women Empowerment
The executive short course is about Gender Equality and Women Empowerment. Women are still often worse off than men, and therefore including a focus on women empowerment will be instrumental to closing the gender gap.
Women are obviously entitled to equal access to economic options, business and resources but in reality, there are many factors that obstruct or prevent such equal access.
In order for gender equality to improve, women’s and men’s needs and opportunities need to be addressed not only at community level but also system-wide.
Attention for gender and women empowerment related issues and institutionalization is therefore important. The program will address a number of relevant issues, ranging from strategy and policy towards agency and constraints at individual level and ways to overcome these.
Applicants should have the ability to function academically and professionally at Bachelor level. Because it is an interactive program, candidates should have an adequate level of spoken and written English to be able to follow the program and to actively participate. If it turns out and applicant does not have the sufficient level of English, a certificate will not be awarded.
The program is designed for:
- Executives with responsibility for gender policy and/or women entrepreneurship policy
- Consultants and lecturers working in areas related to gender policy and/or women entrepreneurship policy
- All executives and other staff who are dedicated to promote gender equality and women empowerment in their institution and environment
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The following topics will be discussed:
- Introduction into gender related concepts and gender institutionalization
- Introduction into women empowerment
- Assessing gender equality in an institution
- Affirmative action
- Promoting awareness and networking
- Gender policy and strategy
- Female talent development
- Engagement of men
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available, please visit the institute website for more information.
This short course involves an interactive learning approach, in which the participant is stimulated to move beyond his/her own organization or sector. Learnings take place through:
- Classroom interactive lecturing
- In-class group assignments to reflect on the learning
- Individual assignments, presentations and discussions
- Guest lectures
Tuition fee: € 2,799
- Have a conceptual and practical understanding of gender related issues and institutionalization
- Understand how you can assess gender equality and women empowerment within your institution and/or environment
- Have acquired deeper insight into underlying concepts, mechanisms and dynamics
- Gain experience from other participants coming from all parts over the world.
Message the school
About this institute
Welcome to Maastricht School of Management!
Maastricht School of Management (MSM) is part of Maastricht University School of Business and Economics (SBE). SBE belongs to a select group of 1% of educational institutes worldwide with a Triple Crown accreditation by the international accrediting bodies AACSB, EQUIS...
Why study at Maastricht School of Management - MSM
Studying in one of MSM’s management programs means you will share your study experience with fellow participants from many countries, professional backgrounds and areas of interest. Being part of such a diverse community offers you the opportunity to significantly expand your international network and to learn from your fellow participants by exchanging knowledge and experience.
As a boutique-styled and personally oriented business school, MSM provides you with a high service level throughout your study experience. Our dedicated faculty and staff are highly committed to contribute to your academic, professional and personal success.
As a fast-moving and market-focused institute, MSM is continuously adapting its teaching content and program offering to the specific management and leadership needs in the market.
At MSM, we also take your career development seriously and offer you a special optional Career and Personal Development Track as part of our Master and MBA programs.
Want to know more about Gender Equality and Women Empowerment? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!