About this program
Master's Program in Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
Recent advances in computer graphics, sensors and screen technology give us unprecedented possibilities to completely immerse humans in virtual environments or augment the real environment. Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) constitutes a completely new computing paradigm and is currently finding its way into applications for industry, health care, education, entertainment etc. Accordingly, the demand for engineers specialised in VR and AR technology is increasing very fast. With a holistic approach, covering the whole chain “from pixel to perception”, this master's programme aims at educating qualified professionals who can design, implement, and evaluate VR and AR applications while also considering the ethical, cultural, and social implications of such technology.
A Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent. Completed courses in mathematics (including calculus in one and several variables, linear algebra, systems and transforms and probability theory and statistics) of at least 30 credits/ECTS, and basic skills in object-oriented programming (at least one course). English level 6.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fee SEK 145 000 per year for non-EU/EEA citizens. No fee for EU/EEA citizens.
Credits: 120 ECTS
About this institute
Lund University, founded in 1666, is one of northern Europe’s oldest, broadest and finest universities. The University is ranked among the world’s top 100 universities and offers over 140 international degree programs in subject areas ranging from engineering, science, social...
Why study at Lund University
- A top 100 university in the world.
- Sweden’s top-ranked comprehensive university.
- A top 100 university for graduate employability.
- The #1 choice for international students studying in Sweden, offering a choice of more than 140 international degree programmes, as well as exchange and PhD studies.
- The University was ranked 40th in the Times Higher Education Most International Universities in the World Rankings 2021. We attract students from over 130 different countries.
- Founded in 1666 – one of the oldest and broadest universities in northern Europe.
- A non-profit, public university with 43 700 students.
- Global class environments where students gain cultural perspectives and develop international networks that are highly valued by employers worldwide.
- The breadth of the University creates excellent opportunities for interdisciplinary research and education.
- Lund University is a member of international research-intensive university networks such as LERU and U21.
- Lund is home to many world-leading research environments and is the location for two of Europe’s largest research facilities.
- Students in Lund are given excellent opportunities for business interaction, like the city, with its unique, world-class environment for technology, knowledge, innovation, and entrepreneurship hosts an impressive breadth of global companies.
Be the first to write a review!