About this program
Master's Program in Social Studies of Gender
The Master of Science in Social Studies of Gender is an interdisciplinary social science Master’s programme that aims to provide you with the core elements through which current gender theories and research, in dialogue with established academic disciplines, have contributed to the understanding of broader social processes. With these skills in social science and gender analysis, you will be able to formulate and analyse interconnections between theory and practice concerning gender, class, ethnicity, and sexuality. Many students choose to do an internship during the programme, for instance at embassies and in international NGOs, private companies, or the public sector, where a gender perspective is crucial.
A Bachelor’s degree with a major in one of the following social sciences disciplines: development studies, gender studies, human geography, political science, social work, social anthropology, sociology, or sociology of law, or equivalent. A major is equivalent to a minimum of 90 ECTS credits or 50% of all degree coursework solely within one social science discipline. English Level 6.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fee SEK 110 000 per year for non-EU/EEA citizens. No fee for EU/EEA citizens.
Credits: 120 ECTS
Message the school
About this institute
Lund University, founded in 1666, is one of northern Europe’s oldest, broadest and finest universities. The University is ranked among the world’s top 100 universities and offers over 140 international degree programs in subject areas ranging from engineering, science, social...
Why study at Lund University
- A top 100 university in the world.
- Sweden’s top-ranked comprehensive university.
- A top 100 university for graduate employability.
- The #1 choice for international students studying in Sweden, offering a choice of more than 140 international degree programmes, as well as exchange and PhD studies.
- The University was ranked 40th in the Times Higher Education Most International Universities in the World Rankings 2021. We attract students from over 130 different countries.
- Founded in 1666 – one of the oldest and broadest universities in northern Europe.
- A non-profit, public university with 43 700 students.
- Global class environments where students gain cultural perspectives and develop international networks that are highly valued by employers worldwide.
- The breadth of the University creates excellent opportunities for interdisciplinary research and education.
- Lund University is a member of international research-intensive university networks such as LERU and U21.
- Lund is home to many world-leading research environments and is the location for two of Europe’s largest research facilities.
- Students in Lund are given excellent opportunities for business interaction, like the city, with its unique, world-class environment for technology, knowledge, innovation, and entrepreneurship hosts an impressive breadth of global companies.
Want to know more about Master's Program in Social Studies of Gender? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...