Master's Program in BiotechnologyLund University
About this program
Master's Program in Biotechnology
Biotechnology is a key enabling technology that impacts various sectors, such as healthcare and pharmaceuticals, agriculture, food and feed, environmental remediation, as well as production of chemicals, materials and fuels from renewable resources. In this programme students learn about the scientific and technological aspects of biotechnology processes, biocatalysts (enzymes and micro-organisms), gene technology, analytical tools, product recovery and process design. The graduates will acquire broad knowledge and skills for development of efficient biocatalysts, sustainable bioprocesses for product manufacturing, wastewater treatment, and tools for analyses and medicine. The staff comprises well-established scientists with strong research and industrial networks, giving students good job prospects both locally and internationally.
A Bachelor’s degree in biotechnology, biochemical engineering, food technology, or equivalent. Completed courses in mathematics/calculus and microbiology or biochemistry. English Level 6.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fee SEK 145 000 per year for non-EU/EEA citizens. No fee for EU/EEA citizens.
Credits: 120 ECTS
After completing this program, you will:
- Have a high level of general skills in the various aspects of biotechnology processes.
- Have improved your communication skills by way of discussions and by practising written and oral presentations.
- Be able to suggest processing conditions for the industrial manufacturing of biotech products with regard to the production systems, choice of raw materials, biological catalysts, analytical tools, energy efficiency, and sustainability.
About this institute
Lund University, founded in 1666, is one of northern Europe’s oldest, broadest and finest universities. The University is ranked among the world’s top 100 universities and offers over 140 international degree programs in subject areas ranging from engineering, science, social...
Why study at Lund University
- A top 100 university in the world.
- Sweden’s top-ranked comprehensive university.
- A top 100 university for graduate employability.
- The #1 choice for international students studying in Sweden, offering a choice of more than 140 international degree programmes, as well as exchange and PhD studies.
- The University was ranked 40th in the Times Higher Education Most International Universities in the World Rankings 2021. We attract students from over 130 different countries.
- Founded in 1666 – one of the oldest and broadest universities in northern Europe.
- A non-profit, public university with 43 700 students.
- Global class environments where students gain cultural perspectives and develop international networks that are highly valued by employers worldwide.
- The breadth of the University creates excellent opportunities for interdisciplinary research and education.
- Lund University is a member of international research-intensive university networks such as LERU and U21.
- Lund is home to many world-leading research environments and is the location for two of Europe’s largest research facilities.
- Students in Lund are given excellent opportunities for business interaction, like the city, with its unique, world-class environment for technology, knowledge, innovation, and entrepreneurship hosts an impressive breadth of global companies.
Average rating 4.5Based on 2 reviews.
It is a very industrially oriented programme. Very practical and project based learning.
The Master's Program in Biotechnology is a well-rounded programme where the students are able to learn theoretical knowledge, practical laboratory skills and teamwork. We are able to decide our own path by selecting the courses that fit the best for us. The professors are approachable and very helpful during the studies. I am enjoying it so far!