Master’s Degree in Marketing & Digital Communication
The Master’s Degree in Marketing & Digital Communication provides a comprehensive study of fundamental marketing and communication theory, as well as practical skills, abilities and tools in crafting and providing content through both traditional and digital media.
Upon completion of this master degree, graduates should be able to:
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and competencies of theoretical paradigms and practical techniques for crafting and executing web marketing strategies.
- Demonstrate knowledge and competencies of theoretical paradigms and practical techniques for communicating with different targets through traditional and new media.
- Develop and assess the effectiveness of traditional, as well as digital and social media marketing and communication strategies.
- Analyze and assess the context and implications of the Internet for all major online activities, including: collaboration, interactivity, sharing economies, e-commerce, and networking.
- Select and apply current technologies in digital marketing and communication program design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Apply suitable methods, tools and techniques to create and provide effective digital content.
- Graduates of this program may pursue careers in communication and marketing, in consulting and enterprises across different industries, including private, public, non-profit, small- and medium-sized businesses, services, as well as self-employed.
Applicants are selected based on their curriculum vitae (CV), possibly supplemented by an entrance test and or interview with the director of the program (for international applicants). Requirements:
- A university bachelor degree containing a minimum of 60 ECTS or equivalent comprised in the following fields: communication, marketing, as well as digital and social media management.
- English language knowledge at least equal to B2 level of the Council of Europe's Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. In particular applicants can possess one of the following requirements:
- University qualification awarded in English
- One of the recognized international English language certificates (BEC, CAE, CPE, FCE, IELTS, TOEFL)
- English exam at B2 level (or higher) passed in a university course.
- An interview aimed to assess the English language competency.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Web marketing and digital advertising
- Communication metrics - web analytic and datamining
- Media planning and brand management
- Business planning and start up
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Customer Relationship Management and Marketing
- Business English
- Project work (Marketing Plan)
- Digital Public Relations
- Events management
- Digital writing and visual design
- Sponsorship and fundraising
- Web design
- Project work (Lab Social Media Management & Web Analytic) or Internship
Participation costs have been set at 3.500 euro per year
Master degree is awarded to students who have gained 120 ECTS/CFU credits and satisfied all curricular requirements, including the production and public defence of an original dissertation. The thesis is worth 21 ECTS.
To be admitted to the graduation session students must earn all the credits provided for in the program structure except for those credits of the thesis and must not have any pending financial obligations to LUMSA University. The thesis is evaluated on contents, presentation and defence.
For final assessment of the entire degree, a 110-point scale is used. Students pass the final degree exam if they obtain a mark of at least 66 (if student has an average of 18 on 30). The Board can unanimously award "lode" (cum laude) as a special distinction.
- Social Media Manager
- Digital Communication Manager
- Brand Manager
- Digital Marketing Manager
- New Media Publishing
- Social Media Specialist and Consultant
- Events Manager
- Sponsorship Specialist
- Fundraising Specialist
About this institute
LUMSA (Libera Università degli Studi Maria Ss. Assunta di Roma) is a public non-state Italian university formed on Catholic principles. It is the second oldest university in Rome after Sapienza, and was founded by Luigia Tincani in 1939. LUMSA is...
Why study at LUMSA University
The LUMSA teaching staff are highly trained and always open to discussion with students, to assist them along the path to greater understanding and offer advice on organising their studies or making career choices. The results are clear to see from student satisfaction figures, with LUMSA achieving levels above the national average (96,5% compared to 88,9%).
Want to know more about Master’s Degree in Marketing & Digital Communication? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...