Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Master’s Degree in Management and Finance
The MSc in Management and Finance (MMF) aims to train graduates with specific and qualified skills in management and finance required to operate as manager and consultant for companies, financial institutions and public administrations. It offers an international learning path in which functional and sectoral knowledge are integrated into the themes of innovation and sustainability, preparing graduates to take on managerial roles with full awareness of the economic, social and environmental challenges of the 21st century. The 24-month program proposes two majors taught in English:
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation for Sustainability
- Banking and Finance for Innovation
The program proposes also a major in Administration, Financial Management and Control, taught in Italian, for students fluent in Italian
Applicants are selected based on their curriculum vitae (CV), possibly supplemented by an entrance test and or interview with the director of the program (for international applicants). Requirements:
- A university bachelor degree containing a minimum of 60 ECTS comprised in the following fields: management and business administration, economics, statistics and mathematics, law (at least a foundation level of knowledge in this domain).
- English language knowledge at least equal to B2 level of the Council of Europe's Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. In particular applicants can possess one of the following requirements:
- University qualification awarded in English
- One of the recognized international English language certificates (BEC, CAE, CPE, FCE, IELTS, TOEFL)
- English exam at B2 level (or higher) passed in a university course.
- An interview with the director of the program aimed to assess the English language competency.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Major in Entrepreneurship and Innovation for Sustainability
This major aims at preparing the leaders of the future who are innovative and capable of creating breakthrough strategies and sustainable business models. Students will acquire entrepreneurial skills and become familiar with advancements in the theory and practice of innovation and sustainability
Key learning objectives:
- Learn key corporate functions and processes
- Acquire innovation skills necessary to generate original and innovative solutions for a sustainable society
- Develop skills to evaluate and formulate sustainability strategies
Major in Banking and Finance for Innovation
The major prepares graduates for a wide range of careers in the financial services sector. It is an innovative finance program covering a broad range of topics. It provides students with an understanding of both the financial basics and the impact of digital transformation in banking and financial services (e.g. fintech).
Key learning objectives:
- Explore advanced finance topics
- Discover financial and investment decisions in firms
- Investigate the impact of innovation and sustainability issues in banking
Participation costs have been set at 3.500 euro per year
Master degree is awarded to students who have gained 120 ECTS/CFU credits and satisfied all curricular requirements, including the production and public defence of an original dissertation. The thesis is worth 15 ECTS.
To be admitted to the graduation session students must earn all the credits provided for in the program structure except for those credits of the thesis and must not have any pending financial obligations to LUMSA University. The thesis is evaluated on contents, presentation and defence.
For final assessment of the entire degree, a 110-point scale is used. Students pass the final degree exam if they obtain a mark of at least 66 (if student has an average of 18 on 30). The Board can unanimously award "lode" (cum laude) as a special distinction.
- Specialist in administration
- Finance and management control
- Expert in business management
- Expert in new business start-up
- Expert in management of financial intermediaries
- Expert in corporate finance and investment banking
About this institute
LUMSA (Libera Università degli Studi Maria Ss. Assunta di Roma) is a public non-state Italian university formed on Catholic principles. It is the second oldest university in Rome after Sapienza, and was founded by Luigia Tincani in 1939. LUMSA is...
Why study at LUMSA University
The LUMSA teaching staff are highly trained and always open to discussion with students, to assist them along the path to greater understanding and offer advice on organising their studies or making career choices. The results are clear to see from student satisfaction figures, with LUMSA achieving levels above the national average (96,5% compared to 88,9%).
Want to know more about Master’s Degree in Management and Finance? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...