Sports and Entertainment Sales and MarketingLoyalist College
Sports and Entertainment Sales and Marketing
All available course dates
About this program
Sports and Entertainment Sales and Marketing
Those who dream of working in the sports and entertainment field need specialized business training to turn their passion into a career. In only four months, you will learn to make an impact on the bottom line. Then, demonstrate those skills on the job during a four-month placement.
Required academic preparation
- A diploma or degree from a recognized college or university.
- Applicants with significant related work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
- Transfer students from other institutions will also be considered on an individual basis.
- Most placements will require a valid driver’s licence.
- Students seeking international placements will require a valid passport.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Is it for you?
This may be a great career path if you are:
- Passionate about sports and entertainment.
- Skilled at time management.
- Energetic and enjoy a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated to lead.
- Seeking a career that rewards performance.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
First Year - Semester One
- Event Management and Gameday Operations
- Media, Content and Communications
- Placement Preparation and Industry Shadows
- Sales and Relationship Management
- Sports & Entertainment Simulation
- Sports and Entertainment Marketing and Sponsorship
First Year - Semester Two
- Field Placement
- Professional Portfolio
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.
Every aspect of this intensive eight-month post-grad program is focused on opening doors to employment. Learning features:
- Intensive role-play scenarios.
- Guest speakers representing organizations such as Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment (NHL/NBA/MLS), the Ontario Hockey League, Sports Marketing Companies and the American Hockey League, such as the Belleville Senators.
- A field trip to a large North American city to meet with the sales and marketing staff of a major sports and entertainment organization.
- A trip to Walt Disney World in Orlando to take part in two certificate programs from Disney to build your entertainment portfolio in leadership and customer retention strategies.
- Planning and executing events.
- Expanding the brand to build revenue through licensing and content creation.
- Creating transactional sales opportunities for sport.
- Developing win-win activation opportunities for sponsors and partners.
- Creating integrated marketing, media and public relations plans.
- Evaluating marketing initiatives against sales forecasting, budgeting, financial health and return on investment.
- Domestic Tuition: $2,722.08
- Full-Time Ancillary Fees:* $1,462
- Total: $4,184.08
Credential: One-year Ontario College Graduate Certificate
Find your career
Sports and entertainment sales and marketing professionals work with sporting organizations, entertainment complexes and the non-profit sector. Prepare for a career as:
- Sales and marketing manager, account representative, sponsorship liaison, sponsorship sales manager, marketing executive, licensing brand manager, game night coordinator, community events coordinator, communications and social media coordinator, group sales or ticketing manager, and corporate services coordinator.
Message the school
About this institute
Loyalist College empowers students, faculty, staff, and partners through experiential, economic, cluster-based applied programs and research that provide career-ready graduates for, and knowledge transfer to, industry and the community....
Why study at Loyalist College
In a world obsessed with big, we are small.
Small gives us the power to do big things. And things that make a big difference to our students, community, and partners. In an impersonal world of big lecture halls and stadium seating, we know our students by name and circumstance.
Small frees us to provide personal one-on-one attention, in small classes and learning environments. Small means our students feel like they matter. That they belong. That they are no longer invisible in a world which had passed them by. Small means that we can move mountains to help every student succeed, confident in who they are and what they are capable of becoming.
We are Loyalist College of Applied Arts and Technology.
We are small.
Want to know more about Sports and Entertainment Sales and Marketing? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!