Finance and AnalyticsLoyalist College
Finance and Analytics
All available course dates
About this program
Finance and Analytics
This program enables students to develop required business skills to help consumers and businesses secure their finances. Please note: Students will receive an Ontario College Diploma in Business – Finance & Analytics.
Required academic preparation
Required academic preparation
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent
- Grade 12 English (C) level or equivalent
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Is it for you?
This program will appeal to students who are interested in business and finance but who also enjoy problem-solving and are quick to adapt to emerging trends such as cryptocurrency and fintech.
Successful students in this program are people who:
- Thrive in data-driven environments, are innovative, creative and agile.
- Are passionate about all areas of business, including but not limited to marketing, accounting, finance, production, human resources and financial technology.
- Quickly adapt to emerging trends.
- Innovate, create and are agile.
- Enjoy problem-solving and reading complex charts.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
First Year - Semester One
- Business Computer Applications - Excel
- Business Math
- Corporate Financial Management
- Culturally Inclusive Communication
- Introduction to Business
- Introduction to Marketing
- Professional Development 1
First Year - Semester Two
- Advanced Excel Functions
- Digitization of Financial Products and Services
- Financial Markets and Securities
- Introduction to Python & R Script
- Leadership and Emotional Intelligence
- Social Media & Emerging Technology
Second Year - Semester Three
- Business Law and Ethics
- Change Management
- Introduction to Cyber Security
- Mobile Applications
- Organizational Behaviour
- Python 11 & Advanced R Script
Second Year - Semester Four
- CRM Selling, Product, Pitch
- Corporate Financial Mgmt 2
- Financial Modelling & Data
- Professional Portfolio
- Service Learning
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.
In the Business – Finance and Analytics program students will:
- Process and maintain financial records in compliance with relevant policies, procedures and regulations for individuals and/or organizations.
- Prepare and present financial information in compliance with relevant legislation and regulations for individuals and/or organizations.
- Generate financial reports for individuals and/or organizations by applying financial mathematics and statistics.
- Contribute to the development and the implementation of a financial plan to meet individuals’ and/or organizations’ needs and objectives.
- Contribute to the development and the implementation of marketing strategies to promote financial products and services and to enhance customer service.
- Develop and implement strategies to establish and maintain professional networking and business relationships in the finance sector.
- Analyze, within a Canadian context, the impact of economic variables, legislation, ethics, technology and the environment on individuals’ and/or organizations’ operations.
- Develop and implement ongoing strategies for personal and professional development, highlighting ethics, values and standards in the finance sector.
- Develop strategies to scrape and mine financial data to meet clients and/or organizational goals.
- Develop and pitch new product ideas based on data analysis that will enhance the user experience of financial products.
- Domestic Tuition: $2,722.08
- Full-Time Ancillary Fees:* $1,462
- Total: $4,184.08
Credential: Two-year Ontario College Diploma
Analysts are able to convert data into actionable knowledge about their customers, their competitors, their supply chain and themselves. By studying topics such as financial modelling, cyber security, and corporate finance, and developing Python and R Script coding skills, students will be ready to work in fields such as:
- Financial analyst
- Investment analyst
- Data analyst
- Data administrator
- Financial customer service representative
- Product developer
- Financial services (retail banking, investing, or insurance)
Message the school
About this institute
Loyalist College empowers students, faculty, staff, and partners through experiential, economic, cluster-based applied programs and research that provide career-ready graduates for, and knowledge transfer to, industry and the community....
Why study at Loyalist College
In a world obsessed with big, we are small.
Small gives us the power to do big things. And things that make a big difference to our students, community, and partners. In an impersonal world of big lecture halls and stadium seating, we know our students by name and circumstance.
Small frees us to provide personal one-on-one attention, in small classes and learning environments. Small means our students feel like they matter. That they belong. That they are no longer invisible in a world which had passed them by. Small means that we can move mountains to help every student succeed, confident in who they are and what they are capable of becoming.
We are Loyalist College of Applied Arts and Technology.
We are small.
Want to know more about Finance and Analytics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!