Esthetics and Spa ManagementLoyalist College of Applied Arts & Technology
Esthetics and Spa Management
All available course dates
About this program
Esthetics and Spa Management
Spas and salons are increasingly popular destinations for people wanting to reduce stress and feel younger. Train in a full range of spa services to help people look and feel their best. Then, put those skills to work, both in our on-campus, student-run day spa and during two field placements.
Required academic preparation
- OSSD/OSSGD or equivalent with courses at the general, advanced, (C), (U) or (M) level, AND
- Grade 12 English (C) level or equivalent
- Up-to-date immunization is required as part of the registration process.
- Standard First Aid and Level “C” CPR certification are recommended for graduates.
Is it for you?
People who enjoy a career in esthetics and spa management are:
- Caring and empathetic
- Able to manage several tasks at once
- Skilled at time management
- Comfortable mixing with people from all walks of life
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
First Year - Semester One
- Communication for Spa Therapists
- Manicures & Pedicures
- Nutrition and Wellness
- Skin Care 1
- Spa Clinic 1
- The Spa Industry
First Year - Semester Two
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Field Placement
- Hair Removal
- Make-up Artistry
- Professional Portfolio
- Skin Care 2
- Spa Clinic 2
- Spa Marketing & Communication
Second Year - Semester Three
- Advanced Nail Treatments
- Body Treatments 1
- Sales and Social Enterprise
- Skin Care 3
- Spa Clinic 3
- Spa Management 1
Second Year - Semester Four
- Advanced Spa Therapies
- Body Treatments 2
- Field Placement 2
- Spa Clinic 4
- Spa Management 2
- Visual Merchandising
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.
- Domestic Tuition: $2,722.08
- Full-Time Ancillary Fees:* $1,308
- Total: $4,030.08
Credential: Two-year Ontario College Diploma
In this hands-on program, students operate The Spa at Loyalist, a busy wellness retreat and retail boutique delivering full esthetic services in a supervised environment:
- Train in a full range of spa services in a safe learning environment, including manicures, pedicures, facials, hair removal, make-up artistry, aromatherapy and hot stone massage.
- Get the highest technical skills in Loyalist’s lab using the latest in skincare technology, including microdermabrasion and facial machinery.
- Work with new state-of-the-art medical spa equipment, including the Sonicator 740, an anti-aging skincare system that applies ultrasound technology, and the IPL Angelite, an Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) machine used for photo facials and permanent hair reduction.
- Deliver high-end customer service as you interact with clients.
- Develop important skills in front desk management and the latest point-of-sale software.
- Learn the business side of spa management with instruction in visual display, retail sales, marketing, personal finance, business communications and entrepreneurship.
- Create a business plan including a spa design layout and creative spa menu showcasing a variety of skills learned in the program.
- Earn 180 hours of clinic time in our state-of-the-art, full-service spa.
- Network and showcase your skills to industry, with two field placements.
- Learn from reputed guest-speaker educators.
- Participate in community outreach events to support local women and children.
- Be proficient and fast with skills by practicing skills throughout the two years.
Find your career
Estheticians and spa therapists are creative, caring and innovative professionals who help people look and feel their personal best. Our program prepares you with the skills to:
- Travel and work locally or throughout Canada in hotel spas, day spas, wellness centres, medical spas and luxury resorts. Work as a freelance make-up artist or mobile spa operator.
- Find opportunities as a skin therapist, nail technician, spa therapist, spa manager and owner or sales representative.
Message the school
About this institute
Loyalist College of Applied Arts & Technology
Loyalist College will be Ontario’s Destination College, known locally, nationally, and internationally as a deliberate choice of students, faculty, and staff, where their experiences are enabled by an engaged and supportive culture....
Want to know more about Esthetics and Spa Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!