Cannabis Applied ScienceLoyalist College
Cannabis Applied Science
All available course dates
About this program
Cannabis Applied Science
The legalization of cannabis has created a burgeoning cannabis job market, both within Canada and internationally. Develop the in-depth skills needed to support cannabis product development, inform process optimization, and address natural product quality, consistency and safety within this emerging industry.
- Ontario College Diploma, Ontario College Advanced Diploma, Degree or equivalent in Biology, Chemistry, or a related sciences-based discipline.
- Proof of English proficiency.
- Applicants will also have to provide a recent and valid criminal record check in order to comply with Health Canada regulations and be eligible to work with cannabis. A recent and valid criminal record check will also be required by the Licensed Producers (LPs) who will be participating with the work practical component of this program.
Is it for you?
You may be well suited for a career in the cannabis industry if you:
- Are flexible and adaptable to change
- Possess strong math and science skills
- Seek out creative and innovative solutions to problems
- Are inquisitive and resourceful
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Enjoy working as part of a team and exploring new technologies
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
First Year - Semester One
- Cannabis Biology
- Cannabis Chemistry
- Cannabis Production and Process Optimization
- Extraction Science for Cannabis
- Navigating Cannabis Regulations
First Year - Semester Two
- Analytical Testing of Cannabis
- Cannabis Cultivation Science
- Cannabis Formulation and Product Development
- Work Integrated Learning
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.
This hands-on program is delivered in collaboration with Loyalist's Applied Research Centre for Natural Products and Medical Cannabis (ARC), Canada's only College laboratory approved to conduct research with cannabis under the Narcotic Control Regulations, as listed on the Government of Canada's website.
Develop the in-demand skills needed for success in the cannabis industry through unparalleled training experiences:
- Study in a Health Canada licensed facility on advanced extraction technologies with an array of state-of-the art analytical instrumentation. A focus on green technologies, such as supercritical CO2 extraction, aligns with industry's transition away from the use of petrochemical solvents.
- Learn how to apply a range of lab techniques for the extraction and analysis of cannabis to increase the quality, consistency and safety of cannabis and cannabis products.
- Understand relevant legislations, regulations and guidelines pertaining to the cannabis industry, and explore appropriate security and safety protocols.
- Apply your knowledge to real-world challenges through work integrated learning (WIL) with Licensed Producers.
- Domestic Tuition: $2,722.08
- Full-Time Ancillary Fees:* $1,462
- Total: $4,184.08
Credential: One-year Ontario College Graduate Certificate
Find your career
Graduates are prepared to work in a range of roles in the evolving cannabis industry and natural product sector including, but not limited to, the following:
- Cannabis quality assurance manager
- Lead processing technician
- Formulation chemist
Message the school
About this institute
Loyalist College empowers students, faculty, staff, and partners through experiential, economic, cluster-based applied programs and research that provide career-ready graduates for, and knowledge transfer to, industry and the community....
Why study at Loyalist College
In a world obsessed with big, we are small.
Small gives us the power to do big things. And things that make a big difference to our students, community, and partners. In an impersonal world of big lecture halls and stadium seating, we know our students by name and circumstance.
Small frees us to provide personal one-on-one attention, in small classes and learning environments. Small means our students feel like they matter. That they belong. That they are no longer invisible in a world which had passed them by. Small means that we can move mountains to help every student succeed, confident in who they are and what they are capable of becoming.
We are Loyalist College of Applied Arts and Technology.
We are small.
Want to know more about Cannabis Applied Science? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!