Animation and Game DevelopmentLoyalist College
Animation and Game Development
All available course dates
About this program
Animation and Game Development
Animators make movies, bring video games to life and help build apps. In this program, students can specialize in character animation, 2D/3D animation, gaming, visual effects, computer graphics, web design, or mobile applications.
This program allows students to connect with their passion for playing video games and watching computer-generated media and animation by challenging students with cutting-edge development for a variety of mediums. Specialize in character animation, 2D/3D animation, game design and development, visual effects, motion graphics, Virtual Reality development, web design, or mobile applications. Under the guidance of faculty with industry experience, students learn production-proven tactics for generating AAA level content for Games, Film, Animation, and Visual Effects.
Required academic preparation
- OSSD/OSSGD or equivalent with courses at the general, advanced, (C), (U) or (M) level, AND
- Grade 12 English (C) level or equivalent
Recommended academic preparation
- Communications technology, IT and computer literacy, media arts, fine arts, presentation techniques.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Is it for you?
Students come to this program from artistic or technical backgrounds. What they have in common are:
- Artistic ability
- A vivid imagination
- Computer literacy
- A strong work ethic
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
First Year - Semester One
- Animation 1
- Audio/Video 1
- Communications 1
- Digital Imagery
- Game 1
- Production Design 1
- Project Management 1
- Web Authoring 1
First Year - Semester Two
- Animation 2
- Communications 2
- Game 2
- Production Design 2
- Programming 1
- Project Management 2
- Web Authoring 2
Second Year - Semester Three
- Animation 3
- Audio/ Video 2
- Digital Compositing
- Game 3
- New Media Production 1
- Production Design 3
- Programming 2
- Web Authoring 3
Second Year - Semester Four
- Animation 4
- Character Design 1
- Game 4
- New Media Production 2
- Production Design 4
- Web Authoring 4
Third Year - Semester Five
- Animation 5
- Communications 3
- Independent Production 1
- Production Design 5
Third Year - Semester Six
- Character Design 2
- Field Placement
- Field Placement Preparation
- Independent Production 2
- New Media Production 3
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.
Gain a competitive edge in the job market with instruction in the entire range of the production process. Develop hands-on skills in our cutting-edge facilities featuring:
- The latest workstations and editing systems.
- A motion capture system.
- Leading industry software including Maya, Unreal 4 and the Adobe Master Suite.
- Tailor your studies in third year with independent production courses and a choice of streams in animation, visual effects or gaming.
- Get valuable on-the-job experience during a real world placement.
- You will finish the program with professional practices and job search skills, as well as an impressive portfolio of work.
- Domestic Tuition: $2,722.08
- Full-Time Ancillary Fees:* $1,462
- Total: $4,184.08
Credential: Three-year Ontario College Advanced Diploma
Find your career
You could work in 2D and 3D computer animation, game design, game content creation, visual effects or web design and development.
- Positions include computer animators, CGI artists in the entertainment or game industry, media content providers, and web designers and developers.
- There is increasing demand for 3D artists in the architectural and industrial fields.
- Entry-level salaries in these industries vary from $35,000 to $39,999.* Senior animators and supervisors can earn $100,000 and higher.
- Entrepreneurship and communications training also prepare students for freelance work.
Message the school
About this institute
Loyalist College empowers students, faculty, staff, and partners through experiential, economic, cluster-based applied programs and research that provide career-ready graduates for, and knowledge transfer to, industry and the community....
Why study at Loyalist College
In a world obsessed with big, we are small.
Small gives us the power to do big things. And things that make a big difference to our students, community, and partners. In an impersonal world of big lecture halls and stadium seating, we know our students by name and circumstance.
Small frees us to provide personal one-on-one attention, in small classes and learning environments. Small means our students feel like they matter. That they belong. That they are no longer invisible in a world which had passed them by. Small means that we can move mountains to help every student succeed, confident in who they are and what they are capable of becoming.
We are Loyalist College of Applied Arts and Technology.
We are small.
Want to know more about Animation and Game Development? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!