Advanced Filmmaking - Digital Content CreationLoyalist College
Advanced Filmmaking - Digital Content Creation
All available course dates
About this program
Advanced Filmmaking - Digital Content Creation
Take your filmmaking skills to the next level by learning contemporary digital content and interactive storytelling techniques to create productions for a range of audiences. Through integrated crew work, you will develop advanced skills in the pre-production, production, and post-production phases of content creation. Have freelancer or entrepreneurial aspirations? Want to work in the entertainment industry or with a media agency? Our faculty’s breadth of expertise will prepare you for success as you embark on your filmmaking journey and secure a four-week placement of your choosing.
Required academic preparation
Ontario College Diploma, Ontario College Advanced Diploma, Degree or equivalent in a related field or related work experience in media studies or other related disciplines.
Graduates from non-media programs or graduates that have no prior postsecondary experience will require a portfolio or demo to demonstrate prior knowledge.
- Computer laptop with program-specific software package(s). Specific computer requirements will be recommended.
- A College vehicle is available for use on assignment by students with a G-level driver’s license and Driver Abstract (insurance provided).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Is it for you?
You may enjoy filmmaking and digital content creation if you are the kind of person who:
- Enjoys working on short-term projects
- Likes to travel and work in a variety of locations
- Keeps up-to-date with current industry equipment and new technologies
- Recognizes the importance of marketing, networking, relationship building, interacting and collaborating with other industry professionals
- Is a self-starter who enjoys being in control of their own earning potential
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
First Year - Semester One
- Advanced Production Techniques 1
- Cluster-Based Production 1
- Major Production 1
- Specialization Production 1
- The Business of Content Creation 1
First Year - Semester Two
- Advanced Production Techniques 2
- Cluster-Based Production 2
- Field Placement
- Major Production 2
- Professional Portfolio
- Specialization Production 2
- The Business of Content Creation 2
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.
Explore the basic aspects of interactive storytelling to create video productions for a range of audiences and effectively analyze issues and emerging trends affecting the evolution of film and digital content.
This hands-on, industry-driven program explores every aspect of filmmaking and digital content creation:
- Advanced camera equipment operation used in digital video and high-definition television (HDTV) production.
- Audio recording and post-production techniques for film, video and digital content creation projects in accordance with professional standards.
- Development and evaluation of scriptwriting for film and digital content creation to meet project requirements.
- Creative leadership for feature films and digital content creation projects to meet client needs.
- In-depth knowledge and familiarity in working with Adobe Creative Cloud products.
- Professional editing skills, digital file management and organizational skills.
- Develop co-productions in accordance with domestic and international treaties.
- Identify and create grant and fundraising proposals for Canadian and international film and television industry.
- Distribute completed projects via Canadian and international film, video and web-based distribution systems.
- Plan, schedule, budget and manage location sites for various types of film and digital content projects in accordance with safety, legal and professional standards.
- Domestic Tuition: $2,722.08
- Full-Time Ancillary Fees:* $1,462
- Total: $4,184.08
Credential: One-year Ontario College Graduate Certificate
Find Your Career
In 2017 Statistics Canada estimated the digital economy was worth $109.7 billion (or about 5.5 percent of the entire economy) and that 886,114 people work in Canada's digital economy, a figure that grew by 40.2 percent between 2010 and 2017. Canada's digital economy is growing at a rapid pace, much faster than the rest of the economy, and is already a bigger staple than industries such as mining, forestry and oil and gas.
Gain the knowledge and skills needed to find employment in the motion picture and video industry:
- Film camera operator
- Motion picture camera operator
- Studio camera operator
- Sound effects operator
- Assistant director
- Production manager
- Production department head
- Business operator
Message the school
About this institute
Loyalist College empowers students, faculty, staff, and partners through experiential, economic, cluster-based applied programs and research that provide career-ready graduates for, and knowledge transfer to, industry and the community....
Why study at Loyalist College
In a world obsessed with big, we are small.
Small gives us the power to do big things. And things that make a big difference to our students, community, and partners. In an impersonal world of big lecture halls and stadium seating, we know our students by name and circumstance.
Small frees us to provide personal one-on-one attention, in small classes and learning environments. Small means our students feel like they matter. That they belong. That they are no longer invisible in a world which had passed them by. Small means that we can move mountains to help every student succeed, confident in who they are and what they are capable of becoming.
We are Loyalist College of Applied Arts and Technology.
We are small.
Want to know more about Advanced Filmmaking - Digital Content Creation? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!