Woman and Child Abuse - MA (Full-time)London Metropolitan University
Woman and Child Abuse - MA (Full-time)
Supported by the internationally renowned Child and Woman Abuse Studies Unit, the master's in Woman and Child Abuse provides a solid grounding in theoretical frameworks, policy and practice approaches. The course is ideal for those who are working in specialised services for women and children who have experienced violence, in policymaking or delivery at local, regional or national levels, or anyone wanting to establish careers in these sectors.
In the most recent Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE) survey, 100% of all 2017 graduates from this course were in work or further study within six months.
This course will provide you with a comprehensive grounding in woman and child abuse studies, including theory, research, policy and practice.
The MA course content covers all forms of violence against women and child abuse, including sexual violence, domestic violence, sexual exploitation, trafficking and harmful practices. Reflecting the work of the Child and Woman Abuse Studies Unit, a specialist research unit, the degree focuses on what we know about these forms of abuse, the contexts in which they occur and the connections between them. While the main focus will be on the UK, intellectual, policy and practice approaches from across the globe will be discussed.
You will be required to have at least one of the following:
- a good honours degree in a relevant subject
- experience of developing/delivering policy or service provision in the field (though the course is also relevant to those with a professional interest in violence against women and children)
- extensive relevant professional experience may be acceptable if you do not have sufficient academic qualifications
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Researching Violence and Evaluating Interventions
- Sexual Exploitation of Children and Young People
- Sexual Violence: Causes, Consequences and Interventions
- Violence Against Women: Issues, Research and Policy
- Woman and Child Abuse Dissertation
- Children and Families: Policy and Practice
- Crime and Offender Patterns
- Healthcare Public Health
- Human Rights and the International Order
- Human Security
- Policies, Regulatory framework for Safeguarding
- Political Violence in a Contemporary Context
- Psychology and Crime
- Researching Public Services
- Social Policy Themes and Priorities: Local, Regional and Global
- Transnational Organised Crime
- Vulnerabilities and Risks
Modules and module details are subject to change over time.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- UK/EU Students: £8,950 per year
- International Students: £13,250 per year
Some graduates pursue further studies to PhD level, including with the Child and Woman Abuse Studies Unit
The course is particularly suited to those who are working in specialised services for women and children who have experienced violence. It is also excellent preparation for those who are wishing to establish careers in this sector.
Our graduates have gone on to key roles in policymaking or service delivery at local, regional and national levels.
About this institute
London Metropolitan University
Based in England’s historic capital city, London Metropolitan University has a rich history of education with its roots dating back to 1848. Taking its current form following a merger of two well-renowned universities in 2002, it offers a wide range...
Want to know more about Woman and Child Abuse - MA (Full-time)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...