Tourism and Travel Management (Including Foundation Year) BA (Hons) (Full-time)London Metropolitan University
Tourism and Travel Management (Including Foundation Year) BA (Hons) (Full-time)
Our Tourism and Travel Management (including foundation year) BA (Hons) degree is a four-year course with a built-in foundation year (Year 0).
It provides a gateway to a career in one of the world’s biggest service sectors and is the perfect start to your university education if you don’t meet the entry requirements to start our standard three-year degree program.
The degree will offer you close links with tourism businesses and public organisations through membership of the Tourism Management Institute.
Our Tourism and Travel Management (including foundation year) BA (Hons) degree is ideal if you’re looking to enter a managerial career in the tourism and travel industry.
During your foundation degree you will learn key business skills and increase your academic confidence. You’ll share this introductory year with students studying some of our other business-related degrees, allowing you to share perspectives and gain a broad knowledge of business and management.
As you progress into the second year of the course, you will study the same course content and get the same choice of modules as those who study our three-year Tourism and Travel Management BA course.
Our course is continually evolving and improving to take into account the latest challenges in the industry. You'll learn about cultural heritage, sustainable tourism and tourism-led regeneration as well as having the opportunity to examine niche tourism products.
In addition to the University's standard entry requirements, you should have:
- at least one A level (or a minimum of 32 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC Subsidiary/National/BTEC Extended Diploma)
- English Language GCSE at grade C/4 or above (or equivalent)
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Development for Success in Business
- Orientation for Success in Higher Education
- The Context of Business
- Using and Managing Data and Information
- Exploring Tourism: Narratives of Travel
- London's Visitor Economy
- Marketing for Aviation and Creative Industries
- Statistics for Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Industries: People, Processes and Change
- Culture, Tourism and Regeneration
- Service Excellence for Tourism
- Skills, Methods and Analysis
- Sustainability, Business and Responsibility
- Applied Research with Field Course
- Aviation and The Environment
- Brand Management
- Niche Tourism
- Destination Management and Marketing
- Research Methods for Dissertations and Consultancy Projects
- Strategy in Tourism and Travel
- Creating a Winning Business 2
- Learning through Work 2
- Achieve Your Potential
- Creative Industries and Events Policy
- Managing the Creative Environment
- Professional Experience Year Placement
- Project Management
- Risk Management and Business Continuity
- Visitor Attraction Management
Modules and module details are subject to change over time.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- UK/EU Students: £9,250 per year
- International Students: £12,700 per year
You'll graduate from our Tourism and Travel Management (including foundation year) BA (Hons) degree with a full undergraduate qualification with the same title and award as students who studied the traditional three-year course.
Our Tourism and Travel Management (including foundation year) BA (Hons) degree is a career-focused course designed to offer you the best possible prospects on graduation.
The course has previously propelled our graduates into a wide range of successful and rewarding careers. We’ve had graduates who have gone on to work in managerial roles with tour operators, in road, rail, sea and air transport and in research and consultancy.
About this institute
London Metropolitan University
Based in England’s historic capital city, London Metropolitan University has a rich history of education with its roots dating back to 1848. Taking its current form following a merger of two well-renowned universities in 2002, it offers a wide range...
Want to know more about Tourism and Travel Management (Including Foundation Year) BA (Hons) (Full-time)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...