Tourism and Travel Management BA (Full-time)London Metropolitan University
Tourism and Travel Management BA (Full-time)
This degree will bring you closer to a professional managerial career in the largest global service sector. You’ll benefit from close links with government and businesses via membership of the Tourism Management Institute, as well as insights from international projects by research centres such as ATLAS. Studying with us you will investigate live issues such as how to develop local tourism marketing strategies, improve the quality of London’s key visitor attractions and help local people to benefit from tourism development.
Within the international economy, tourism and travel is a major employer and sector providing unique development opportunities to less developed countries. It's also one of the few economic activities responsible for intensified contributions towards nature and cultural heritage protection and conservation. All over the world, especially in Europe, tourism and travel are positioned as leaders in local communities’ activation programs and used as an indicator of the quality of life.
This program has been developed to answer the tourism and travel industry's demand for specialised managers and planners. It's constantly evolving to include the most up-to-date issues and to prepare entrepreneurs for the challenging tourism business environment, including how to strategically manage operations even in a situation of crisis. You’ll acquire knowledge in sustainable tourism management, cultural heritage and tourism-led regeneration and be faced with challenges of marketing British tourism destinations and managing visitors. You'll be given the opportunity to explore niche tourism products, advise companies on their social media strategy and create your own business plans.
The aims of the program are to:
- offer you an intellectually stimulating, career-relevant and coherent program, allowing you to develop a thorough understanding of theories, approaches and techniques relevant to professional practice in tourism, travel and destination management
- help you develop a holistic appreciation of the multimodal distribution chain and developments in digital media, including the role of marketing and communications, entrepreneurship, operational and strategic management in tourism and travel industries
- help you gain comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the socio-cultural, economic, technological, and political environment in which the tourism destinations and industry operates, relevant systems of governance and public policy at different scales: global, national and local
- help you develop a sound appreciation of effective people management in organisations, as well as your potential contribution as a manager and professional in the tourism sector
- enhance your abilities to operate as an effective learner, independently as well as in teams, and to foster a creative approach to evidence-based problem solving
- develop and improve your skills as a researcher, able to carry out primary research relating to contemporary issues in tourism and travel, including data collection, data analysis, presentation of findings and recommendations
In addition to the University's standard entry requirements, you should have:
- a minimum grade C in three A levels in academic subjects (or a minimum of 96 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC National, OCR Diploma or Advanced Diploma)
- English Language and Mathematics GCSEs at grade C/grade 4 or above (or equivalent)
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Exploring Tourism: Narratives of Travel
- London's Visitor Economy
- Marketing for Aviation and Creative Industries
- Statistics for Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Industries: People, Processes and Change
- Culture, Tourism and Regeneration
- Service Excellence for Tourism
- Skills, Methods and Analysis
- Sustainability, Business and Responsibility
- Applied Research with Field Course
- Aviation and The Environment
- Brand Management
- Niche Tourism
- Destination Management and Marketing
- Research Methods for Dissertations and Consultancy Projects
- Strategy in Tourism and Travel
- Creating a Winning Business 2
- Learning through Work 2
- Achieve Your Potential
- Creative Industries and Events Policy
- Managing the Creative Environment
- Project Management
- Risk Management and Business Continuity
- Visitor Attraction Management
Modules and module details are subject to change over time.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- UK/EU Students: £9,250 per year
- International Students: £12,700 per year
We believe that your university experience should be designed to enhance and support your professional life. We place as much emphasis on gaining skills relevant to the workplace as on learning the academic discipline that you’re studying.
This course is designed to offer an intellectually stimulating and distinctive program that enables you to prepare for a satisfying career. Over the past 20 years, many of our graduates have developed rewarding careers in business, government and third sector tourism organisations, in roles such as:
- tour operation
- destination managers and planning
- road, rail, sea and air transport management
About this institute
London Metropolitan University
Based in England’s historic capital city, London Metropolitan University has a rich history of education with its roots dating back to 1848. Taking its current form following a merger of two well-renowned universities in 2002, it offers a wide range...
Want to know more about Tourism and Travel Management BA (Full-time)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...